Author Topic: Audley Emigrated 1890 from Liverpool to Montreal  (Read 21160 times)

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
Re: Audley Emigrated 1890 from Liverpool to Montreal
« Reply #36 on: Sunday 02 October 11 05:26 BST (UK) »
You might want to consider ordering a death registration from Manitoba Vital Statistics for the James who was in Winnipeg and died 25 May 1965. It would cost $25 Canadian to order a copy of the registration. Here's a link to the form:
http://vitalstats.gov.mb.ca/pdf/Application_for_Genealogical_Search.pdf
Hopefully the informant would have some information regarding his parents but it's not guaranteed.

Jacquie
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz

Offline audbr

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Sunday 02 October 11 17:00 BST (UK) »
Hi All,
Thanks for your additional comments. I realise that J Audley  cannot be The James Audley that emigrated in 1890 but it could be his Grandson or other direct relative.

I think my best option is to write up my records put it on www.audleyfamilyhistory.com and then send a letter to all the Audleys in Ontario and see what materialises.

However that will take a while as I believe there is another branch of the same Audley family that also emigrated from Liverpool to Canada and if I can try and sort that one out first I can tackle two branches of the Audley family in one letter.
Regards
Brian
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Monday 03 October 11 03:48 BST (UK) »
See that's what I mean about asking everyone to do your research for you, but writing a simple letter, which should have been done and sent to all the prospects in Ontario by now, as the information was given you ages ago...once again takes a back burner to your website updates.  However you were quick to ask jacquie to look into the link for you, since she "knows so much about Canadian Records"... :P

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline audbr

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Monday 03 October 11 20:23 BST (UK) »
I received the following e-mail today from the archivist for the Sisters of Providence of St. Vincent de Paul.

In summary, Robert Audley, Age 11 and James Audley, age 7, were received by the Sisters of Providence on September 8th or 28th, 1890 (September 8th and 28th or both listed in the registers). Robert Audley was fostered or adopted by James Hyne, of Newboro Post Office, North Burgess Township. James Audley was fostered or adopted out in 1891 by unknown foster parents and returned to the House of Providence Orphanage in late 1895 or early 1896, when he was fostered or adopted by Mrs. P.J. Brown of Wolf Island in January 1896.

I cannot remember which of you gave me the link to the archivist but whoever it was many thanks.
Brian
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday 15 July 15 05:08 BST (UK) »
I wasn't notified of this last post...It was I who had suggested contacting the site, and it appears to verify the Browns in both census were the correct family that James was with.
http://search.ancestry.ca/search/db.aspx?dbid=8991 1921 he still uses iffy info.

I am wondering if the death info was ever ordered, as suggested by jacquie, for James in Winnipeg.
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday 15 July 15 05:16 BST (UK) »
Wow....another thread started this year on same subjects
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=719680.0

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday 15 July 15 05:20 BST (UK) »
For any descendants who may look in on this thread... there are digitized files from ww1
http://central.bac-lac.gc.ca/.item/?op=pdf&app=CEF&id=B0303-S039

Note that he says he was born Kingston ...Following the other thread, polarbear found the marriage.... and he has no idea who his parents were. He was a an infant when his parents died...There are many discrepancies. His age at marriage makes him appear younger likely because his bride was so young...
My grandmother lied as she was 11 years older than her betrothed. She looked young and got away with it for a while... But a lot of home children played with the facts...because they could, and maybe it was their little joke back on the poor life they were given to start with. The legalities of truthful documentation weren't all that strict back then.  ;D  Lots of people lied through their teeth.