Author Topic: MASLEN Family Tree  (Read 12027 times)

Offline punkah1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
MASLEN Family Tree
« on: Sunday 16 October 11 02:49 BST (UK) »
Hi All,

Have family History on Maslen Family back to John Died 1746 and Esther Smith his wife, plus all info up to my direct family

Regards
Punkah1

Offline bicker

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: MASLEN Family Tree
« Reply #1 on: Monday 17 October 11 18:46 BST (UK) »
Hi there

What part of Wiltshire are your Maslen family from? In my extended family tree I have Elizabeth Maslen 1803 at Upavon-1874 who married Henry Clements at Charlton st Peter 27 December 1823.

Also Jane Maslin born about 1815 at Hilcott who married John Burden also at Charlton st Peter 27 August 1844.

Regards Heather
Somerset
Areas Bridgwater, Street, Glastonbury and surrounding Villages

Names, Whitcombe (and variations) , Diment, Mounsher, Cave

Wiltshire
Areas Pewsey, Calne
Clements, Ashton, Henly, Groves, Burgess

Kent
All, Folkestone for Punnett family
Punnett, Roalfe (and variations), Vaughan, Tuff,

Offline punkah1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 18 October 11 09:06 BST (UK) »
Hello Again, Thank you for your response.  John Maslen b.circa 1680 died 24/11/1746 Married Esther Smith Date not known. The following children including the father were all born Stanton St Bernard Wiltshire, they are;

Ann Maslen b.1704 d. 15 Aug 1705
John Maslen b. 1705
Ann Maslen b. 1709
William Maslen b. 1711 d. 31 Jul 1782 All Cannings Wiltshire - Married Ann Pyle at Milton Librun Wiltshire
Elizabeth Maslen b 1715
Mary Maslen b. 1716

Note: Children of William Maslen and Ann Pyle were Robert 1751 - 11 NOV 1815
                                                                                   Elizabeth 1740
                                                                                     Mary 1742
                                                                                      William 1746
                                                                                        Ann 1748
                                                                                          John 1754
                                                                                            Thomas 29 Jan 1757

Robert Maslen b. 1751 d. 1815 Married Susanna Chandler Date not Known, children William, Ann, John, Sussanna and Robert. Years of birth in same order are 1789, 1783, 1786, 1795, 1792.  The family links continue from there.  Some of the above died in All Cannings.

Can you assist me now?

Regards
Ralph Maslen

Offline punkah1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 19 October 11 11:22 BST (UK) »
Sorry, Having trouble sending file, I will try again  now.

Offline newfoundland

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 16 November 11 21:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi Punkah 1
  My research is with the Mullins/Mullings family of Devizes,Wiltshire and I have a Richard Mullins married to Ann Maslin about 1750 or so. Richard Mullins was the 2nd husband to Ann Maslin. I don't know the name of Ann's first husband but she had 2 or 3 children by him.
Richard and Ann lived in Devizes with their children but Ann Maslin's other children lived in Melksham. Any connections to your Maslen family?
                                                  Regards, Newfoundland

Offline punkah1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 24 January 12 09:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi, apologies for delay in responding.  I have been checking.  The Mullins I have in our tree was born in Tasmania in 1833 and to date I have not obtained full details of her parents for recording.

Could I obtain an email address so that I can attach a GED.com file, which may be easier to follow.
Regards
punkah1

I have a Richard Mullins was a transported convict.He was born in 1792 in Bidford Devonand was 26 years old He was tried at Devon Assizes on 16.3.1818 on a charge of Larceny. He was convicted and sentenced to 7 years transportation.
He sailed from England on 11.9.1819 with another 368 male convicts on the 1048 ton burthen, 150x35 feet, naval storeship HMS Dromedary and disembarked at Hobart Town on the Derwent, Tasmania on 10.1.1820.
He was married to Sarah Ann Hopkins on 1.6.1832 at Goodwood Remains, St John's, Launnceston, Tasmania as a free man. Both were unable to sign at the wedding. The witnesses to the marriage were
James and Eliza Glove of Goodwood Remains.
On Saturday 2.6.1838 Richard placed the following ad in The Cornwall Chronicle published in Launceston.
CAUTION
I hereby caution all persons from harbouring my wife,Sarah Mullens, she having absconded from her home, taking with her my two daughters, Catherine, between 3 and 4 years of age,and Mary,18 months
old. As she has no just provocation for leaving her home, all persons so harbouring her after this notice, will be prosecuted according to law.
Richard signed with his mark and witness Thomas Webb also with his mark.(Thomas Webb is most likely Sarah's step-father).
Richard Mullins left Launceston for Portland on 7.7.1846 on the schooner Minerva.The Minerva called at George Town prior to leaving Tasmania with Richard on board. The Minerva arrived in Portland Bay on 15.7.1846. Then Richard disappeared.

Offline punkah1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 24 January 12 09:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Re message Posted on: Tuesday 18 October 11 09:06 BST   John Maslen Circa 1680 Died 24/11/1746  Married 8 November 1703, Stanton St Bernard, Wiltshire, England, to Esther Smith 1746,

This may help
Punkah1

Offline Sandidel

• RootsChat Senior
  • Trinka 2001-2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 10 October 12 00:29 BST (UK) »
Hi
I have just read this thread and have just recently come to the knowledge that I believe my 2 great Grandmother, Sarah Jennings, parents are John Jennings and Ann Maslen married 1824.  I think Ann's parents are Robert Maslen and Susanna Chandler.  I would appreciate any confirmation on this info if possible.

Sarah Jennings married William Bidgood my 2 Great grandfather. The Bidgood line is my maternal family history line. 

Would love any info to help me with these surname lines.

Cheers
Sandidel
I live in New Zealand BUT am a true blue, loyal Aussie.
Bridgeman (Kent); Johnson (Cheshire); Bidgood (Wiltshire); Bridgeman,
Anger (Germany); Haddock (Ireland);
Pickeral (Staffordshire); Mueller (Germany);
Gillis/Gillies (Qld., Australia); Hirning (Germany)
Eyles and Primmer (Hampshire)

Offline punkah1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 10 October 12 02:13 BST (UK) »
Hello Sandidel,  I am still putting the list together, but can confirm via another source that Robert Maslen did marry Susannah Chandler on 17 April 1780, their first child Ann Maslen was born circa 1783, followed by John Maslen circa 1786, William Maslen circa 1789, Robert circa 1792, and Susannah Maslen circa 1795.  All born Stanton St Bernard, All Cannings Wiltshire England.  At this time I cannot confirm if it is the same Ann as the gap between DOB and marriage is 41 years.  I will have to do some m ore research in my files.  Checking the census records may help???

Regards
Punkah1