Author Topic: 1869 marriage  (Read 842 times)

Offline Wilton Endeavour

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
1869 marriage
« on: Tuesday 18 October 11 17:58 BST (UK) »
I need some help to read this marriage location from 10th October 1869. I have only included the part of both bride and groom. This was from the birth certificate of their son Peter Tinley in West Calder in 1887 on 25th February. I need the profession of the father and also the name place of the marriage.
Peter Tinley and Margaret Boshill were both born in Cavan in Ireland. Peter born 1847 in Stradone, Cavan.

Yours,

Wilton Endeavour
Snadon Clackmannan/Alloa, Sim/Syme Kilsyth, Davies Kirknewton, Mowbray Colinton/Kirknewton, Shaw Kilsyth, Allan Lasswade/Penicuik, Mullin Waterford, Kirkwood Kilsyth, Laird Denny, Haggart Blackfriars Lanarkshire, Bell Dalmeny, Willets Worcestershire, Cleland Kilsyth.

Offline Alexander.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1869 marriage
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 18 October 11 18:01 BST (UK) »
I think the father's occupation is 'Labourer at Oil Work'

Alexander

Offline Wilton Endeavour

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 18 October 11 18:18 BST (UK) »
That sounds about right Alexander as he worked in the Shale Oil industry in the West Calder or Kirknewton area. Thanks.

Wilton Endeavour
Snadon Clackmannan/Alloa, Sim/Syme Kilsyth, Davies Kirknewton, Mowbray Colinton/Kirknewton, Shaw Kilsyth, Allan Lasswade/Penicuik, Mullin Waterford, Kirkwood Kilsyth, Laird Denny, Haggart Blackfriars Lanarkshire, Bell Dalmeny, Willets Worcestershire, Cleland Kilsyth.

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 18 October 11 18:36 BST (UK) »
If it is difficult to determine the place of marriage from this birth cert, perhaps one of their other children's might be easier  :-\

Mother Margaret shows as BOUCHER/BOWCHER in these entries:

Mary b. 28 Nov. 1872 West Calder
Alice b. 2 Dec. 1874 West Calder

I think son Peter's simply says date and then Co. Cavan.

Monica  :)
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Wilton Endeavour

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 18 October 11 18:53 BST (UK) »
Thanks Monica,

now that you mention that. It does just look like Co. Cavan as a short version of County Cavan and the date of the marriage. Instead of the town where the marriage took place.

yours,

Wilton Endeavour