Author Topic: morrison family from aberdeenshire  (Read 2791 times)

Offline vickik78

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
morrison family from aberdeenshire
« on: Friday 18 November 11 10:13 GMT (UK) »
Looking for any information on the morrison family that lived in Towie Aberdeenshire in particular Elizabeth Morrison who was born in 1890 her parents were May Inverarity and Charles Morrison, her mother May Inverarity died in 1897 so she was brought up by her father, my family believes elizabeth gave birth to my great grandmother in december 1911 her name was ethel christie mclean peters but elizabeth and ethels father put fake names on the birth certificate and my great grandmother was brought up by her paternal grandparents frances mclean and james peters she only found out who her real parents were when she was in her teens having believed her grandparents were her parents it's a very complicated story , but if there is anybody out there who might know of anything or be able to help me any way would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Flattybasher9

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Manners cost nothing, and are worth the effort.
    • View Profile
Re: morrison family from aberdeenshire
« Reply #1 on: Friday 18 November 11 11:32 GMT (UK) »
Who does she think was her real parents?

Regards

Malky

Offline vickik78

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 18 November 11 19:05 GMT (UK) »
Thankyou for the reply, her real parents were called Elizabeth Isabella Ferguson Johnstone Morrison and her father was called Alexander Moir Mclean Peters but on the birth certificate they are named as Elizabeth Helen Johnstone Morrison and Alexander Christie Peters, I know through my family that ethels maternal grandparents were Charles Morrison and May Inverarity and they were Elizabeths parents but we've never been able to find out anything about Elizabeth it seems to have been a very well hidden story for the family as Ethel never ever liked talking about her real parents infact ethel always told her own children that her parents had died when she was a child and only found out towards the end of ethels life that this was not the case. Thankyou for showing some interest  in our family mystery. vicki

Offline Flattybasher9

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Manners cost nothing, and are worth the effort.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 23 November 11 09:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi Vicki, I have had a look at this in more detail. Without giving too much away considering privacy, does the year 2001 and MacBain relate to your family.
If so, send me a personal message and we can compare notes.

Regards

Malky

Offline Shauna Lee-Marie Graham

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 13 May 17 18:24 BST (UK) »
hi,i have a barbara morrison in my family tree who shows her parents were charles morrison and may inverarity,it shows she had a sister named Elizabeth Isabella Ferguson Johnston MORRISON b: 12 AUG 1890 in Towie, Aberdeenshire, Scotland

Offline dowdstree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Mary Malcolm - 1860 to 1945 - My Great Granny
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 13 May 17 19:00 BST (UK) »
Hi and a warm welcome to Rootschat.

The person who posted this - Vicki - has not been on the site since January 2015.

However, if you make another couple of posts you will be able to send her a personal message which, hopefully, she may reply to.

Just answer this and you are almost there.

Dorrie
Small, County Antrim & Dundee
Dickson, County Down & Dundee
Madden, County Westmeath
Patrick, Fife
Easson, Fife
Leslie, Fife
Paterson, Fife

Offline Shauna Lee-Marie Graham

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 14 May 17 04:21 BST (UK) »
I hope she comes to check her messages,I'm new to all this myself

Offline DouglasH

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 18 November 22 15:36 GMT (UK) »
Have photo in my collection. "Aunty Tibby and Ronald Inverarity" ? early 1900s came from My Morrisons of Macduff.
  Any connexion known?