Author Topic: Parish registers for Cashel, Co Tipperary  (Read 11569 times)

Offline annclare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Parish registers for Cashel, Co Tipperary
« Reply #9 on: Monday 02 January 12 19:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I hope someone can help. I have a John Mason and a Charles Mason brothers entering Australia on board the "China" 1839. It appears both where married to wives with the same name but about 20 years apart in age. The name that they give is Johanna Quigley both say that there fathers name is James and their mothers name is Johanna. Charles gives his place of marriage as Cashel, Co Tipperary and his birth place as Cashir, Co Tipperary.
Ondine
I looked at the passenger list in A---y The Johanna Quigley wife of Charles Mason (birthplace just given as Tipperary) her parents are listed as James Quigley and Mary Keena or Keenan
whereas the Johanna Quigley wife of John Mason of Cahir gives her birthplace as  Cashel her parents are listed as James Quigley and Johanna (no surname given) so though it is quite a coincidence that both brothers' wives had the same names it seems they are two differnt Johanna Quigley's .
annclare
Kerrisk, Healy, McGuire, Duggan - Kerry and US
Tuohy/Toohey,Gorman, Purcell, Fanning- Holycross Tipperary

Offline ondine

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 05 January 12 02:47 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Shane, I have to agree with you, it seems it's just a coincidence. I don't seem to be able to find a death certificate for Charles wife Johanna. Johns wife Johanna died in Morpeth NSW. 1857. NSW Births Deaths Marriages confirms this but at this time can't find one for the younger Quigley. It often happens that the names just get entered incorrectly. Everyone thought that Charles and Joanna's youngest child was Janet because that is how it was entered in BMD but on Charles death cert it says his youngest is James. I could not find a birth cert for James but eventually Joy Curren found it for me.

Anyway thankyou again for your info.

Ondine

Offline mason research

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 07 January 12 01:36 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

I am a descendant of John Mason and Johanna Quigley who came out from Cashel/Cahir Ireland.  Would like to chat with descendants of John and Johanna.  They had six children who came out with them.  Thank you for reading my email.

Offline ondine

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 07 January 12 01:42 GMT (UK) »
My family line is from Charles and Joanna, but if I can offer any info I would be more than happy.  I am also looking for as much information on John and Charles as I can get. Charles is my husbands Greatx2 grandfather. If you need to contact me by email : *

Ondine

(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline jcd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 18 April 12 01:53 BST (UK) »
I would like to make contact. My children are descendants of Charles Mason to whom you refer and I would like to share info with you. I have my tree on GR and Ancestry.com (private) so if you can reach me at either of these sites it would be wonderful. I'm currently updating a family history that I published in 2009 and I'm planning to do the revised one as a CD Rom. John Dudgeon     

Offline ondine

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 18 April 12 22:25 BST (UK) »
Hello John,
I have done some research on John and Charles Mason. I am with Ancestry.com and I am happy to share any information I can. I am not sure how to give access to my tree it is also private, but if you make contact on Wood Family tree, I will be happy to look into it. I would also like to look at your  information if possible.

I have been searching for a marriage cert. for both John and Charles Mason as I am very curious about them both being married to wives with the same name.....Johanna Quigley. I know that there is an age difference between the two Johanna's. I tend to think there is some relationship between them. I suppose baptism cert. would be even better.

Hope to hear from you soon

Ondine

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 04 September 15 14:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Mason Research,

I am sorry but you private message to Ondine has sadly bounced back to us, it looks like she has changed email address but sadly we do not know what the new one is :'(

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Katharine75

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 29 September 15 14:01 BST (UK) »
Hi. Just reading your post at random, but in case you were not aware Catholic Parish registers are now online and free at the national library of ireland website.
Hopefully you will find some of the events you have been looking for. Katharine.

Offline conahy calling

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 29 September 15 18:33 BST (UK) »
http://registers.nli.ie/parishes/0253

Link for Cashel RC parish registers.