Author Topic: Queensland death Shadrack EDGE 1930  (Read 14971 times)

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Queensland death Shadrack EDGE 1930
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 07 January 12 14:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi Andrew,
I am just now reading the articles on Trove about Shadrack's will. I should have read them earlier, as it's all making more sense now.
All the furore seems to be about Shadrack making his last will, leaving everything to his daugher, when not of sound mind. Have you read all the articles? The one dated Wednesdday march 4 1931 makes it all very clear. His third wife died in June 1929.  :)

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 07 January 12 14:25 GMT (UK) »
Article said 1929 but maybe incorrect. The articles certainly explain the situation very clearly - it's all very interesting.  ;D
Another article says Caroline died 20 June 1928 leaving an estate of just over £5,600.

Offline Douce

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 07 January 12 16:20 GMT (UK) »
Ruskie

Well done! Great info and I am still trying to piece together the story.

I have (hopefully) sent you a PM - if not "ping" me again!

Andrew

Offline KimMcCl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 07 May 13 03:02 BST (UK) »
Hi all who are researching Shadrack Edge; I'm Kim and married to the great grandaughter of Alfred Edge of the death by lightning fame in central Queensland and live in Queensland on the Sunshine Coast just north of Brisbane.  Alfred only had one son, who by the way was in the tent with his mother Mary nee Edwards and his uncle Shadrack when struct by lightning.  The only son was Joseph Henry b. 1892.   I am currently compiling the Edge family on behalf of the family from this end and of course would like more information about Joseph Edge of Stourbridge, Alfred and Shadrack's father, his predecessors and broader family.  I use Ancestory but eventually it runs out of info and it's difficult from 12,000 miles to get in close and dirty to the original records.  Cheers Kim 

Offline Douce

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 07 May 13 08:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Kim.  Thanks for the post. Shadrack (and Alfred) was my gguncle and I have a lot of info on him and the family. Joseph Edge (by his second marriage) had Shadrack, Henry, Alfred, Amelia (m Lowe) and John George - my grandfather. I'll send you a private message to establish direct contact.

Andrew Machin

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 07 May 13 10:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Kim and Hi Andrew,

Kim, you will most likely need to make a couple more posts before you can activate the Private Message facility.

The easiest way to do this is simply to reply twice more on this thread, if only to say "Hi". 

Many Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday 08 May 13 05:30 BST (UK) »
"I cannot find the family in 1871"

In case you still haven't found them, they are still in Mill Street at Stourbridge with the surname EGGE.  Shadrack is 'Shaderick'.  RG10  Piece 3021  Folio 87  Page 29

Debra  :)

Offline Douce

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 08 May 13 08:35 BST (UK) »
Debra

Thank you very much - not a spelling I tried! Although I have corrected many mistranscriptions on Findmypast, I don't think I'll succeed in this case as the image clearly reads EGGE. Enumerator problem this time. I'll see if they can attach a note.

Andrew

Offline MegsL

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Saturday 23 May 15 03:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Kim and Andrew

I happened upon this yest - I am one of the many great great grandaughters of Alfred Edge (brother of Shaderick, father of Joseph Henry, and grandfather to James Ryan Edge). My Grandfather James Ryan was one of the 4 sons born to Joseph Henry and Johanna Agnes Ryan.  He had Five Children - 1 son and 4 daughters in Toowoomba, Queensland and I am the daugher of his 4th child Kathleen. I now live in Western Australia with 3 sons of my own. 

My mum last week made a passing mention of a Clarence Edge who had died on the Western Front - I wasnt aware we had anyone in the family who had fought in WW1 - but she was unsure how he fitted into the tree.  Kim , Andrew, Merlin, Debra and Gerry's posts have put all that together for us. Thankyou! My husband is travelling to France soon and may be able to go out to VillersdeBret.and see if he can locate Clarence's Grave. - Happy to let you know as much info as i have on Joseph Henry's (son of Alfred's) line if youre needing it - and I would certainly like to know more about any of the lines leading back to origins - many of my immediates are in Queensland, Perth and Melbourne.
Glad to have found Roots Chat
Meg :)