Author Topic: Grammar school Taplow, circa 1926?  (Read 14299 times)

Offline saleincy

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Grammar school Taplow, circa 1926?
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 08 October 15 18:04 BST (UK) »
My father-in-law went to Taplow school and we have some photos dated about 1920. The 3 brothers attended the school, they were from Spain. The eldest was there 1920 to 1923. If you would like a copy of  the photos let me know, they are typical old style grammer school type photos.

Offline BeverleyJM

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 12 May 16 12:32 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone,

My father attended Taplow Grammar School as a boarder in the 1940s. His name was Len Dixon, and he recently passed away. I wonder (I know the chance is slim) if anyone remembers him.
He was born in 1938, and my grandmother kept all the letters that he used to send her from school, plus his school reports and receipts. They make fascinating reading!

Beverley

Offline regardsjnb

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 28 July 19 23:29 BST (UK) »
Hi! I have just read your message and would be very happy to discuss Taplow Grammar as I was a pupil at it in 1936-1943 although going by your dates I can't claim to be as old as that. The school I went to was in Railway road and had a tuck shop about 100 yds up the road. If I can be of any help you can contact me through this web site which I joined today so that I could send you this message.
I Googled Taplow as my father Charles Gundersen (born 1926) attended the school in late 30s to early 40s. So this post is aimed at peterbh69 and anyone else from that period.

Offline nixonnickson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 27 July 22 17:10 BST (UK) »
HELLO --I ATTENDED TAPLOW GRAMMAR SCHOOL AS A BOARDER DURING AND AFTER THE 1939/45 World WAR

Is there anyone out there who has an interest in this school and its time ?  William