Author Topic: Druid Village  (Read 6746 times)

Offline cwm

• I am sorry but my email address is not working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • "Did you say "TWANG" then!?"(Hagar the Horrible)
    • View Profile
Druid Village
« on: Wednesday 11 May 05 23:32 BST (UK) »
My g.g. grandfather, John Thomas and his wife Elizabeth + 2 children were living in Druid Village, Melindwr,Aberystwyth, in the 1871 census, and remaining there . Has anybody got any info' on Druid Village please?Or where I can get some ? ??? ;) Many thanks,Cwm.
Thomas/Jones:-Merioneth. Griffiths/Hole - Lloyd :- Glam.Carmarthen, Kirten/Curtain(variants) :-Som.  Wyld :-Glam/?. Jenkins/Lewis/ :-Glam. Jones :-Monm.

Offline D ap D

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stuck with John Jones in Wales? Join the club!
    • View Profile
Re: Druid Village
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 12 May 05 08:38 BST (UK) »
Druid Village is/was part of the Melindwr township in the parish of Llanbadarn fawr.

http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/wal/CGN/LlanbadarnFawr/Melindwr.html

LLANBADARN-VAWR (LLAN-BADARN-VAWR) a parish comprising the sea-port, borough, and market and post town of Aberystwith, from which the church is one mile distant, to the south-east, and the hamlets of Broncastellan and Clarach, in the upper division, and those of Cwrnrheidol, Elerch, Isâ yn Dre', Uchâ yn Dre', Isâ yn Vainor, Uchâ yn Vainor, Melindwr, Parcel-Canol and Trêvirig in the lower division of the hundred of GENEU'R GLYN; and the hamlets of Llanbadarn Isâ yn y Croythen and Llanbadarn Uchâ yn y Croythen, each of all these hamlets maintaining its own poor, in the upper division of the hundred of ILAR county of CARDIGAN, SOUTH WALES; and containing 9824 inhabitants......"
[From Samuel Lewis's A Topographical Dictionary of Wales 1833]

http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/wal/CGN/LlanbadarnFawr/index.html
Stuck with:
William Williams of Llanllyfni
John Jones in Llanelli
Evan Evans in Caio
David Davies of Llansanffraid
Evans: Caio/Carms
Jones: CDG, DEN

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Nor do I think that any other nation than this of Wales, or any other tongue, whatever may hereafter come to pass, shall on the day of the great reckoning before the Most High Judge, answer for this corner of the earth": The Old Man of Pencader to Henry II

Offline cwm

• I am sorry but my email address is not working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • "Did you say "TWANG" then!?"(Hagar the Horrible)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 12 May 05 19:31 BST (UK) »
Thanks  D ap D, I'll read up on it. Diolch unwaith eto,Cwm. ;D
Thomas/Jones:-Merioneth. Griffiths/Hole - Lloyd :- Glam.Carmarthen, Kirten/Curtain(variants) :-Som.  Wyld :-Glam/?. Jenkins/Lewis/ :-Glam. Jones :-Monm.

Offline Welshy1961

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 29 August 14 08:14 BST (UK) »

Hello there everyone, hope all is well and your behaving yorselves hehehe..........Firstly im kinda lost here as many probably are also, sooooooooooo im just gonna plod along  and see how it goes.............recently been checking out my family history, found alot of good info but some leads me up the garden path with nobody at home , shame lol . ive found that alot of my family were born and bred in the aberystwyth area, with my great grandfather being a baptist minister  at Melindwr, his name is Thomas Richards born in 1896 lived at Druids Village as did many of the family. his father was also Thomas Richards , his wife being Margaret he worked as a leadminer, well thats as far as it goes, apart from my great grandfather Thomas, his  daughter thats my auntie has asked me to look and find out as much info as i can so here i am lol .... i apologise for my slowness of type & spelling but i was diagnosed with Parkinsons Disease at the age of 32 i am now 53 so its well and truly got me, but im still here alive n kicking *winks*  rite ill stop waffling on and leave in peace, hope to hear from you real soon, please take care n be very safe
                                                                                   Hugh aka Welshy1961

p.s. my e-mail address if wanted is (*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 29 August 14 10:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Welshy

Another welcome to Rootschat  ;D

I realise you're new here but if you make duplicate posts, please tell us otherwise you'll have people running around and duplicating efforts.

Your other topic is here

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=697642.msg5409136#msg5409136

Dawn
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 01 September 14 16:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Welshy,

I am very sorry but we have not been able to contact cwm, sadly his emails are no longer working :'(

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Welshy1961

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 02 September 14 08:12 BST (UK) »

Hi again,
            okie dokie sarah and dawn thanks anyways, worth a try, sorry about my duplication of my postings , just thought maybe it would get double the air time so to speak, not knowing if the people on rootschat check the old posting as well as the new..............guess it was having a Blonde moment huh girls lolol, anyways thanks for your time, will chat again i hope xxx
                                                        Welshy1961 aka Hugh

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 02 September 14 15:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Hugh,

Most replies find the rootschat posters most of the time, those that don't bounce back to me to hopefully fix the problem, if I can't I let the person know ;)

Regards

Sarah :)
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk