Author Topic: Mary Ann CUTHBERTSON  (Read 24074 times)

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ~MERLIN~

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Ann CUTHBERTSON
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 12 January 12 12:00 GMT (UK) »
Robert, if you read my reply I said that it could possibly have been Mary Ann's grand child not one of her own children  :D

Offline fergy28

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 13 January 12 09:29 GMT (UK) »
Mary Ann Cuthbertson was born in Hobart on October 30 1854. James & Maria are my G grand parents. Thomas Whitfield & Ada Selina Cuthbertsons youngest child is my father Lewis Richard.

Offline alexine

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 13 January 12 21:58 GMT (UK) »
Have found your information about my g-grandfather William Pain, my grandmother was Flora Pain
dau of Maria and William b.1876. I have all the family history, including that william pain was a convict
. About his 1st marriage to Hannah ( also having been a convict) and all information
from my ancestors here in New Zealand.My father was the eldest son of Flora and Frederick barrow.
Are you the grandson of Ida. I would really like to share informnation with you, preferbly by letter,e-mail.as
there is so much and lots of photos. By the way, my g-aunt Clara's daughter was Dorothy and though she
has now passed away, have been to the house many years.

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 14 January 12 01:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi Alexine and welcome to Rootschat.

I'm just letting you know that you need to have 3 posts before you can use the Personal Message system here on Rootschat so another post and you'll be there!  It's so nice to see people finding each other here!

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline fergy28

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 14 January 12 09:54 GMT (UK) »
Glad to hear from you alexine. My grandparents are Thomas Whitfield & Ada Selena Cuthbertson. Ada's father Henry Howard was a convict as was her mother's father, Joseph Brain. We have read several items about your Maria before she married William Pain in Trove Newspapers [Mercury].

Offline RGS

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 16 January 12 05:32 GMT (UK) »
Sorry for not replying immediately I've been off to Sydney to visit the family and I just got home to your messages.

First off, thanks Merlin, after re-reading your post I saw the mention of her grand child, I will let you know how I go with the photo.

Many Thanks judb, I'll check out the trove sightings once I unpack and get settled.

Alexine and fergy28 my grandmother is Ida PAIN, William's and Maria's youngest and I would love sharing my research, I will send a pm.

Robert

Offline fergy28

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 01 February 12 09:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi Alexine, was wondering if William& Grace Barrow were your grandparents & if Frederic's brother was Clive b1898.   Bye for now.

Offline alexine

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re William Barrow
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 01 February 12 18:28 GMT (UK) »
Hello , William Barrow who married Grace Ray is the brother of my g-grandfatherSamuel John Barrow.Clive Linkletter Barrow is the son of William and Frederick ( my grandfather)is the son of Samuel.  Alexine