Author Topic: William Kenealy  (Read 12083 times)

Offline Eledan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Kenealy
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 30 December 14 20:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Petk,

I live in Cloyne, Co Cork and recently came across a photo of my family and I where a plaque was erected circa 1990 for William Kenealy in Cloyne. I've always known I was related to William Kenealy as my mother used to constantly sing - The Moon Behind The Hill. Love that song...so William is my great great great granduncle I believe...My grandfather was William O Brien also from Cloyne. So we are related it seems! I know my mother (Catherine) visited Kilkenny quite a bit back and met with relatives.
Wishing you all the best for the new year.

:)

Offline PetK

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 06 January 15 22:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi Eledan,
Nice to hear the old photographs are still turning up. You don't say who is in the photograph. I attended the unveiling of the plaque to William Kenealy who was my great grandfather. I remember being introduced to an O'Brien family when I was in Cloyne - your family I presume. Are you sure William was your great great great great granduncle? - sounds too many "great'' to me. Looking forward to hear from you again.

PetK

Offline Eledan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 06 January 15 23:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Petk,

I may have one too many 'great's there  but I was going by what my mother advised! The pic I have is one with only family members that I recognise..so my immediate family and aunts and grandmother...I'm 32 now and I am guessing it is approx 23/24yrs ago....this sounds terrible but I can go and check in the morning as to the date it was erected as I only live 100m away from the erected plaque. It's a small world really. I have been trying to gather stories from my family so they are not lost as time passes....the family trees are in existence but it's the stories that I am trying to correlate.
I can send you that pic if you wish...let me know....my email is elewalsh14@gmail.com..
Thanks,
Eleanor