Author Topic: Connolly/1870s Bantry  (Read 2496 times)

Offline Johnconone

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Connolly/1870s Bantry
« on: Sunday 05 February 12 08:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi all,    a shot in the dark here!  Looking for a James Connolly in 1870s Bantry, he married in Cork City in 1880.
The record shows he lived in Bantry.  Thanks all for your interest.        John.

Offline skibbgirl

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Connolly/1870s Bantry
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 05 February 12 16:50 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

Stating what records you already have would be helpful.  Year of birth, even an estimate, and whether Bantry is Bantry Town or union of Bantry.

You can check R.C. baptism records for Bantry and Muintervara online:

Bantry
Muintervara

More genealogy record info for Bantry:  Bantry genealogy record guide

PLEASE POST YOUR QUESTIONS TO THE BOARD, NOT THROUGH PM, so that everybody can take a shot at answering your question and benefit from the information.  I cannot respond to requests through private emails.

Barnane, Cahalane, Collins, Connolly, Driscoll, Hourihane, Hurley, Looney, McCarthy, Mahony, Sweeney, Young  in Skibbereen area of southwest County Cork, Ireland; Regan in RoaringWater bay area and in Caheragh parish

Offline Johnconone

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 06 February 12 08:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi Skibbgirl,  The info I have got is minimal, all I have is a Marriage record for James (G/Grandfather) Marrying Ann Hennesey in Cork (South Parish) ,the record shows James to reside at 4 Margeret Street the same address as Ann but gives James's Father ( also named James), residentia as Bantry. The Wedding was on 29/04/1880 and I could only guess at James's age of possibly 18/25?. His Father of course would be possibly 40/50?.  Thank you for your interest and help.     regards    John.

Offline skibbgirl

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 06 February 12 12:53 GMT (UK) »
Well that's definitely some information to go on.  James, a son of a James.   Looks like the wedding is here:

http://churchrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/details/b74bb50022471

Here is a James son of James from Bantry baptized in 1849, so he might have been a little older than what you are expecting...

http://churchrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/details/8973b30014272
PLEASE POST YOUR QUESTIONS TO THE BOARD, NOT THROUGH PM, so that everybody can take a shot at answering your question and benefit from the information.  I cannot respond to requests through private emails.

Barnane, Cahalane, Collins, Connolly, Driscoll, Hourihane, Hurley, Looney, McCarthy, Mahony, Sweeney, Young  in Skibbereen area of southwest County Cork, Ireland; Regan in RoaringWater bay area and in Caheragh parish

Offline loudam

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 06 February 12 19:10 GMT (UK) »
http://churchrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/details/9db39b0102334
That record looks like a good match too for James Connolly, especially as its the South Parish aswell
O Riordan/Riordan / Dorgan/ Barry (Cork & Rathcooney)
O Sullivan & O Shea/Shea (Cork)
O Connell (Cork)
Walsh (Cork & Killarney)
Baldwin & Stanton, Sullivan, (Cork)
Lonergan (Cork, Tipperary, Limerick)
Deady ( Cork-Kanturk)

Offline Johnconone

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 07 February 12 08:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi again Loudam,   Thanks for the info, it looks a good match date wise, but the one thing that throws me is that on the 'James Connolly's marriage record to Ann Hennesey (20/04/1880) who I know to be my Great Grandparents, it shows his father (James), has residing in Bantry? not South Parish.   Thanks     John.

Offline skibbgirl

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 07 February 12 13:24 GMT (UK) »
John,

What is the bride's name?!?

Offline Johnconone

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 07 February 12 13:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Skibbgirl,  Which Bride do you mean? I have the above Ann Hennesy's marriage to my Grandfather James on 29/04/1880.   thanks,    John

Offline skibbgirl

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 07 February 12 14:57 GMT (UK) »
John,

Then is the marriage record to Ann Paterson the correct one or not?

The marriage to Ann "Hennerty" might be "Hennefsy" (Hennessy) - you need to look at the image.