Author Topic: PEARS Family  (Read 8780 times)

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
Re: Pears Family
« Reply #18 on: Monday 06 February 12 21:23 GMT (UK) »
There is a private tree on ancestry which has a photo of Sophia May Pears b 1895 and a photo of Forence Ada Pears.

A  few possibilities for Florence but they all seem to be for Florence Ada:
  There is a death of a Florence Ada Johnston with parents Frederick and Sophia in Albury in 1946 reg 15071/1946

And there are several possibilities for a remarriage including to a McGregor and there is a death of a Florence Ada McGregor in 1959 age 77 years  in Harris Park with no parents given reg  7782/1959

There is a public tree on ancestry which has Florence Ada Pears born 1886 and  marrying James Greentree Johnston (1884-1951) and died in 1958 with this cemetery reference
Australia Cemetery Index, 1808-2007 about Florence Ada Johnston
Name:   Florence Ada Johnston
Death Date:   19 Feb 1958
Death Location:   St Vincents Hospital
Cemetery:   Woronora Crematorium
Cemetery Location:   New South Wales

The equivalent death index on NSW BDM says she is 86 and died in Darlinghurst - no parents given reg 609/1958
regards,
   Ros
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 06 February 12 21:43 GMT (UK) »
Here we have probate for Florence Ada Johnston who died in Albury (late of Cowper St Albury) granted to James Greentree Johnston in Sep 1946

http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article17996926

regards,
   Ros
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 06 February 12 22:52 GMT (UK) »
The private tree on ancestry belongs to Florence's great granddaughter.  I am sending you a PM

regards,
  Ros

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: PEARS Family
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 07 February 12 21:03 GMT (UK) »
Some information from the great granddaughter :

Florence Adelaide Pears B. 1886 Sydney, NSW,D. 1947 Albury NSW Married 1907 Sydney to James Greentree Johnston B. 18 Nov 1884 Sydney NSW D. 14 May 1951, cremated at Springvale, ashes buried with Vivian (his son)in Albury NSW.

Frederick Pears B.24 Mar 1854 D. 17 Apr 1909 & Sophia Atkinson B.4 Sept 1853 D.13 Mar 1921. They had 8 children.
Stanley, Maude, Albert, May, Florence, Charlotte, Frederick, Sophia.

And to let others know that the UK and Oz Pear family are now in e-mail contact :)

regards,
   Ros

Offline EFFPEARS

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 10 February 12 11:25 GMT (UK) »
Hello Oletta,
hope you got my previous message, I'm finding all the messages after you first posting very interesting.
I note you were wondering when Frederick and Sophia married. I have their marriage as 30/8/1877 at Penrith. (Cumberland UK) Hope this is of help to you.
Elsbeth

Offline EFFPEARS

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 10 February 12 11:31 GMT (UK) »
Hello Oletta, and any other Pears family members,

I have a feeling that a previous note I wrote didn't make it to the list, so I'm re-sending it, apologies if it's duplicated.

My husband is the Gt  Grandson of Robert Graham Pears, who was Frederick's brother and was  in business with Frederick in Penrith, prior to Frederick and family setting off for Australia.

I've been fascinated to read about the family over in Oz, and if I can help at all with any details of the family in the UK, I'd be more than pleased to.

regards, Elsbeth

Offline Oletta

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 10 February 12 17:02 GMT (UK) »
Hello Elsbeth

Thank you for sending me details of Frederick and Sophia's marriage date in Penrith, this is of great help to me.  Thank you once again.

Regards
Oletta

Offline Tolley

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 08 April 15 08:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Oletta
I have just discovered this.
Fred and Sophia's son Frederick was my grandfather.  He married in 1913 Ida Emily (possibly Ethel) McCaull. My mother, Valmai, was their third child and first daughter.  She is the only one of their children still living.  I don't know whether you are going forward or back, but I am happy to help if possible.
Cheers
Tolley

Offline Oletta

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 10 April 15 10:20 BST (UK) »
Hello Tolley

Welcome to Rootschat and thank you for your e-mail.  I am interested in all of the Pears family present and past. 

Regards
Oletta