Author Topic: Waite, New York, 1810-1870 and beyond  (Read 1603 times)

Offline blakepen

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Waite, New York, 1810-1870 and beyond
« on: Friday 10 February 12 17:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi. My Waite family, from Norfolk UK went to New York in early 1800s. Henry Newman Waite returned to UK in 1816, but his brothers Robert Newman and William Newman stayed on with their families. I would love to trace any descendants. Is there any DNA project?
Thank you
Blakepen
Slade HEREFORD James Rathwell Burgess Little Christopher Lumsden IRELAND and CANADA
Love  Waite Baker Denney Bailey Rallison Gardener Newman Turner Prentice Craske Neave Hall and Meek,  from NORFOLK UK
Terrell Dowlan Grant West Richardson Goble Renville Jeffrey, from SUSSEX UK
Heath Bastard Ayling Upsdale Langrish Blackman Gibson, from HAMPSHIRE UK
Halford Powell Hodges Mattey, HEREFORD
Arms WARWICK

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Waite, New York, 1810-1870 and beyond
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 11 February 12 23:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi Blakepen,

Have you tried googling DNA project for Waite ?  The following link came up which may interest you.

http://www.waitegenealogy.org/openme/blog1.php/2011/06/27/new-dna-results-1

If you give dates of birth etc for the 2 brother who stayed in the USA, perhaps we can trace them forward.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline dave wybrow

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Waite, New York, 1810-1870 and beyond
« Reply #2 on: Monday 22 June 15 00:12 BST (UK) »
Hi there

I'm descended from the New York Waite. My Mother was Gwendoline Rose Waite, Daughter of John Newman Waite, Son of Thomas Downing Waite, son of Henry Gilford Waite, Son of Henry Newman Waite. Henry was also a Freeman of Norwich. He established soup kitchens for the poor (or so I was told as a child. There is a plaque commemorating this in Norwich Cathedral - though I have never seen it.