Author Topic: Hegarty Lahardane Skibbereen  (Read 15371 times)

Offline spalpeen

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hegarty Lahardane Skibbereen
« Reply #18 on: Monday 10 December 12 23:39 GMT (UK) »
Hello Miggs,

You will find info on Hegartys of Laherdane in the 1901 and 1911 censuses. I would guess that Nora followed some of her brothers out to Montana.  My grandfather, Denis Hegarty, was from a large family in Fahouragh, not far from Laherdane.

spalpeen

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 13 December 12 14:51 GMT (UK) »
This looks like one of Nora's children:  https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/VP3D-F6N

Looks like this might be Nora's 2 children with a Hegarty relative in 1930:  https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XCX3-6Z2

Nora's gravestone is here: 
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=Weidenfeller&GSiman=1&GScnty=1632&GRid=68758554&

Offline OllieD11

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 21 April 14 21:15 BST (UK) »
I'm also looking into jeremiah and Johannah driscoll in Kilderry as a possible link. I looked into their children and I found jeremiah, patrick, ellen, mary, bridget, cath, johanna and michael. do ye know if they lived locally or emigrated? Any information is welcome!

Offline spalpeen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 22 April 14 01:33 BST (UK) »
Checked 1901+1911 census. 1911 Jeremiah 70 married to Johanna Hegarty 60, married 51 years. 7 children born, 6 alive.  Their son Jeremiah and his wife living with them. Check National Archives/ census, hit browse Cork/ Castlehaven/Kilderry ( variously spelled. Also check out churchrecords.irishgenealogy.ie for Castlehaven/ various spellings on Kilderry. I found children for Jerry Driscoll and Johanna Hegarty. Also children for Patrick Driscoll and Ellen Spillane.

Hope this helps,
Spalpeen

Offline Sonas

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 22 April 14 07:48 BST (UK) »
I'm also looking into jeremiah and Johannah driscoll in Kilderry as a possible link. I looked into their children and I found jeremiah, patrick, ellen, mary, bridget, cath, johanna and michael. do ye know if they lived locally or emigrated? Any information is welcome!

They are my great-great grandparents. Their daughter Mary was my great-grandmother and she married locally. I should have some information on at least some of the other siblings but don't have it here. I'll get back to you in a few days though. At least one other sibling stayed locally.

Offline Sonas

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 22 April 14 12:17 BST (UK) »

Hi again, I should have asked - who do you think your link to this family is and where did they end up? PM me if you prefer although you need to have made three posts before you can use the PM system.

Offline OllieD11

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 22 April 14 21:02 BST (UK) »
Thanks Spalpeen for your reply and the info - great help!

Thanks also Sonas for your reply, I am interested in the Hanora Hegarty of Laherdane and if she married the Partick then or was the Hannah from elsewhere? Anything at all you may know would be most appreciated!

Offline Sonas

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 23 April 14 07:02 BST (UK) »
Thanks Spalpeen for your reply and the info - great help!

Thanks also Sonas for your reply, I am interested in the Hanora Hegarty of Laherdane and if she married the Partick then or was the Hannah from elsewhere? Anything at all you may know would be most appreciated!

I'm a bit lost with this. What's the surname of the Patrick you mention and can you provide a link to the baptism of the Hanora Hegarty?

Offline OllieD11

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 23 April 14 21:09 BST (UK) »
That was an error on my part Sonas, I had Patrick in my head after reading Spalpeens comment. I am of course referring to the original Jeremiah and Johanna Driscoll that I posted a few days ago. Unfortunately, i am still actively searching for a baptism record in the different parishes. Was your great great grandmother Hanna Hegarty from Lahardane or elsewhere?