Author Topic: MacDonald  (Read 6834 times)

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: MacDonald
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 03 March 12 21:55 GMT (UK) »
Gets confusing when researching bride/groom both McDonald (as I know with big MacDonald line) doesn't it  ;)

Cookies, your question regarding the parents of James McDonald, father of Robert. Someone else has been researching this line, from 2001:

I recently received a death cert for myggg-grandfather, James McDonald. James was married to Agnes STEVENSON. Both were from Dalry. James was born in 1825 and was an iron worker. I was
wondering if anyone may be researching his parents by any chance; James McDonald and Janet Cruickshanks.....

http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/AYRSHIRE/2001-05/0988769579

Given Robert went on to marry a Janet Cruickshanks McDonald, likely a strong family connection between the families?

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 03 March 12 22:02 GMT (UK) »

Offline cookies4

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 04 March 12 10:18 GMT (UK) »
Gets confusing when researching bride/groom both McDonald (as I know with big MacDonald line) doesn't it  ;

Monica

:) I can see now it was the Roberts and Janets too that I was confusing!  :-[

Anyway Joe going back to your original query...........if you have researched Robert McDonald, who married Janet Cruickshanks McDonald, and found that his grandfather was James the Seaman married to Jean Stewart then I'm pretty sure that is the family who lived at Windmill Street, Ardrossan as in my first reply.

Hope I've got it right this time. :)

Offline joemacd

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 04 March 12 13:16 GMT (UK) »
Regards Macdonald's of' Fearn Ross& Cromary posted by Paisleyborn, this lady posted on Rootschat some time back, and must be a relative, she would also be connected to this family through marriage as Janet Cruikshanks MacDonald's husband was Joseph MacDonald mentioned on that post, thy went to Canada 1930, my grandmother died White rock city BC 1964, and Grandfather was killed by a streetcar at the corner of York mills and Yong St Toronto 05/09/1937.
Family names, MacDonald on my Grandfathers side, McDonald on my Grandmother's side, on my Mothers side her Maiden Name Janet Donald Maxwell, Maxwell, Weir, Scanlon, Donald, Ritchie, Smith, Sharp.

Offline joemacd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 04 March 12 13:28 GMT (UK) »
 The following results may still be of interest.
James Mcdonald
Scotland Births and Baptisms, 1564-1950
spouse:   Agnes Stevenson
child:   Jane Crawford Mcdonald
James Mcdonald
child:   Agnes Mcdonald
James Mcdonald
child:   John Mcdonald
James Mcdonald
child:   Thomas Mcdonald
James Mcdonald
child:   William Mcdonald
James Mcdonald
child:   Ro
Family names, MacDonald on my Grandfathers side, McDonald on my Grandmother's side, on my Mothers side her Maiden Name Janet Donald Maxwell, Maxwell, Weir, Scanlon, Donald, Ritchie, Smith, Sharp.

Offline joemacd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 04 March 12 15:55 GMT (UK) »
Gets confusing when researching bride/groom both McDonald (as I know with big MacDonald line) doesn't it  ;

Monica

:) I can see now it was the Roberts and Janets too that I was confusing!  :-[

Anyway Joe going back to your original query...........if you have researched Robert McDonald, who married Janet Cruickshanks McDonald, and found that his grandfather was James the Seaman married to Jean Stewart then I'm pretty sure that is the family who lived at Windmill Street, Ardrossan as in my first reply.

Hope I've got it right this time. :)

/quote]

Robert was her father, Her husband was Joseph MacDonald and they married 16/10/1898 in Barrhead

Offline joemacd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 04 March 12 16:01 GMT (UK) »

Hi Came across this on Threetowners 1819,

McDonald    James    Sailor    Jean Stewart    Jean, William, Ann, James, John, Margaret    Canal Street
William’s name cored off

Offline joemacd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 26 February 15 11:17 GMT (UK) »
A little bit more, from 2006, http://listsearches.rootsweb.com/th/read/AYRSHIRE/2006-01/1138207638
[/quot

Regard Gregor Wright who was researching his Scottish family, thought I would let you know that I have just recently made contact with Gregor, and communicating by email.

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 26 February 15 20:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Thanks for the update. Great that you have made contact. Good luck with the searches, Joe  :)

Monica