Author Topic: Grahams at castlemilk  (Read 2807 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Grahams at castlemilk
« Reply #9 on: Friday 16 March 12 09:27 GMT (UK) »
The National Archives of Scotland http://www.nas.gov.uk/onlineCatalogue/  have docs which refers to Maxwell of Castlemilk in 17C but no ref to Graham or Carruthers with the search term

You could have a look yourself  as there are quite a lot of docs returned from the search.

gnu
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 16 March 12 09:37 GMT (UK) »
Have you got a list of the surnames of all of Elizabeth Graham's great great grandfathers - there would be a few more than just Graham and Carruthers (female lines as well)  and it would save me reconstructing her tree to find them all  :-X

gnu
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 16 March 12 10:05 GMT (UK) »
I've looked at some available trees and at Elizabeth's  great grandparents' level, I have: Graham, Young, Dixon, Carruthers, Byers, Johnston but can't get back any further without a lot of work. Given there is at least one other illegitmate line, it could be that this one links to the Jardines or Lidderdales  :-\

gnu

Offline islaymcc

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 16 March 12 18:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Thanks for your efforts,It was just a small glimmer of hope ,with my Graham tree.
born ,dumfries, scotland.
Looking for grahams of middlebie.callander and morrison