Author Topic: Boggart Hole Clough  (Read 15017 times)

Offline ozdude

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Boggart Hole Clough
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 12 June 12 23:53 BST (UK) »
Its not easy without a map.

Yvonne     

Have sent you a pm (personal message)
Manchester, Lancashire
Welsh
Smith
Knight
Lyndon
Copestake

Living in Australia

Offline ozdude

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 13 June 12 23:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Yvonne

The name Shepard rings a bell from the past...

Cheers

George
Manchester, Lancashire
Welsh
Smith
Knight
Lyndon
Copestake

Living in Australia

Offline uk2003

• --
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 19 June 12 13:41 BST (UK) »
A few really nice photos of this estate have just turned up on facebook on the Remembering Blackley Group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/176795412439387/
Harris - Millington - Hilton - Capper - Smith - Jones

Offline yvonnecoo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 19 June 12 14:01 BST (UK) »
Thanks will look at that for sure

Yvonne

Offline EDDIE WILKINSON

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 25 March 14 12:58 GMT (UK) »
 :)i have only just found this site, i was born at 53 Rushcroft Close, Blackley M/C 9, in 1952. This was on the smaller of the two prefab site in the park.  i remember there was an area called The Ollers between the two estates we used to have regular battles with the other kids chucking stones known as Duckers for obvious reasons.  We had to leave in 1959/60 because they were demolishing the prefabs.  i always look back on those days with so much happiness, within a year my mother had died and nothing ever seemed the same after that.  The best way to describe where i lived was, if you imagine walking up the from the village along Charlestown Rd, as you climbed the hill there was a set of stairs which led from the pavement to, Rushcroft Close. i used to get the bus (1 penny) to Dommit St school in the village, after that to Pike Fold school.  Unfortunately i have no photographs, just happy memories.           

Offline ozdude

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 05 May 14 09:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Eddie
I lived in Boggart Hole Crescent and  left in 1960 and went to Australia
and still here
this map may bring back some memories for you
It did for me when I came across it from 1958

Cheers
George :)

Had to resize map to put on here hope you can see it ok
Manchester, Lancashire
Welsh
Smith
Knight
Lyndon
Copestake

Living in Australia

Offline EDDIE WILKINSON

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 01 August 14 14:43 BST (UK) »
 GEORGE,  so sorry for the delay in responding to your last post.  I am still trying to get to grips with the tech.  I have a problem remembering names of the kids i played with in those days.  I just remember spending so much time playing in the park , my mam use to come searching for me in the summer to come and get my tea.  I know this is all down memory lane, but those first years of my life seemed so wonderful in that place.  Because we lived in the smaller of the two estates I do nor have a lot of memories of the other one apart from the odd dust up .  If anybody out there who may remember the following names . My father EDWARD WILKINSON. My mother OLIVE WILKINSON,  My brothers DAVID GARTH WILKINSON. JOHN EDWARD WILKINSON. My sister RONA WILKINSON. We were moved around 1959 to the SANDY HILL ESTATE, which was a brand and new jerry built what would know be called a housing development, but was in fact nothing compared to the prefabs.  I am aware that at our age (62) everything is looked at through rose tinted glasses but nothing can be  compared to the first years of my life in in that prefab.  George if you can stir any more memories for me i will reply eventually . With my all my regards to ALL the prefabers (is that a word) tara for now.  All my love Eddie     

Offline John Joseph Davies

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 16 April 17 19:52 BST (UK) »
Hi eddie I was born at number 45 Rushcroft Close in 1945. Great years living there, moved in 58 to New Moston, now live Middleton. I have three brothers and two sisters: Tommy Len Bob Rita Pat

Offline Lltomo

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 03 July 22 22:27 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Just came across this post while researching my past. My dad passed away 2006 and am Interested in finding some info about his father who died young at 36. As my Dad was very young when he passed I have very limited info. They lived in the prefabs at rushcroft close. John Thompson born 1948, Shiela 1946 ish and Michael 1943. My grandad was Harry/ Henry Thompson born 1923 ish died in Middleton around 1959.grandma Hilda. I know it’s an absolute long shot as this post is very old.