Author Topic: Murphy family  (Read 15848 times)

Offline LouisaS

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Murphy family
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday 08 April 15 15:41 BST (UK) »
The early Francis Murphy son of  James and Susan, must of died as Francis Murphy was born c 1907 he married Agnes Galbraith had one son John, Agnes died he, got a special dispensation to marry her sister I think Rose Galbraith. they or Agnes adopted a daughter Ann.  There is Galbraith's peppered in the family.  John Murphy 1910 married Margaret Galbraith.  Susan Murphy  I think 1914.  Was adopted  by the Marner family and married James Marner, had three children Pat , Penny and Francis.    Pat and Penny died . Francis lives in Spain.
Pat and Penny's children all live in and near where they were born.If you look on  Ros Davies site look at Ballynahinch  small school photo  Francis Marner is there. On the big photo of Ballynahinch is Arthur Morgan and Tommy.

Offline cloudrim

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday 08 April 15 17:09 BST (UK) »
I wonder if you can answer a few questions for me. Do you have the birth date and place for the Francis Murphy who was born in 1907? Or his marriage dates to Agnes and Rose?
Interestingly, if you remember, as well as Susannah's father Patrick, there was another Patrick Galbraith married in Kilkeel to a Margaret McDermott in 1865. His son William, born 1875, married Rose Boyd, and then lived on the same Boyd Street, Belfast as my G-G-Grandfather in 1901. Well, this William and Rose had 2 daughters named Agnes and Rose. William's brother John Galbraith, born 1882, also had a daughter Margaret who would be the right age to marry your John Murphy, 1907. Possibly some more pieces to my puzzle.
Do you have a birth date and place for John Murphy born 1910? And his marriage date to Margaret Galbraith?
I will take a look at the pictures on Ros Davies site but who are Arthur Morgan and Tommy? Are they connected to the family?
Thanks for your input....

Offline andymag

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Thursday 09 April 15 01:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Louisa, I am the grandson of Susan Murphy, Susan Galbraith is my great grandmother.  My mother was Pat Marner.  Send me a PM for my email address.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Thursday 09 April 15 08:26 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat  :) New members usually need 3 posts to use PM system- it's explained in the Help pages-
http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline andymag

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Thursday 09 April 15 10:47 BST (UK) »
Spoke our Susie this morning she has confirmed her Uncle Frank married Agnes and then Rose after Aggie died. They were the daughters of William and Rose Galbraith, they also had a brother called George or Geordie, Her Mother was Margaret Galbraith.  Mary Murphy died young of TB, Eliza married Albert Fagan.  She going to dig out her fathers papers to see if she can find the marriage cert.

Offline andymag

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Thursday 09 April 15 10:55 BST (UK) »
My grandmother Susan Murphy was not adopted by the Marners, she was taken from the workhouse to be trained as seamstress by my Great Great Aunt Alice Marner which was quite normal at that time.  Basically the workhouse just forgot about her, they didn't come back to get her and Alice pretty much raised her, this is where she met her future husband my grandfather Jame Marner, Alice was his Aunt.  She then when into service to a Solicitor in Ballynahinch and from there to Huddersfield to train as nurse.  After her training finished she went to Bombay India and married James in Sept 1940.  My Mother, her sister Pene and brother Francis were all born in India.

Offline andymag

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Thursday 09 April 15 10:58 BST (UK) »
John Murphy (Susie's Father) was born 1910 in Newry not 1907