Author Topic: Ballyboghil, Feb 1919  (Read 2683 times)

Offline kassmiff

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ballyboghil, Feb 1919
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 10 April 12 21:43 BST (UK) »
thank you all so much for your help.

Mary Moore  parents are given as william moore (army storeman) and Jane Ann Moore (Hogan)

I had only ever been told my grandfather was born in a barracks in Dublin, so the name Ballyboghill may well be wrong!
 Would it have been usual at that time to have a pregnant wife with you? As we could not find a marriage cert, we thought maybe she was a local girl, as they got married and had a child within a few weeks,I guess she probably was local.
I have believed forever that my dads family was pure scottish and I am very pleased to find there are Irish roots too!
thank you, Karen

Offline frankieh54

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 11 January 17 23:28 GMT (UK) »
I have found the marriage certificate that shows Jane an hogan married William moore ,married on the 18yh July 1897 William lived at 6 st Francis buildings ,bishop street ,south Dublin ,Jane Ann hogan ,lived at 31 ,pimlico ,Laois ,south Dublin ,William was a labourer ,how fathers name was also William Moore ,a labourer ,Jane an hogan father was William hogan her mothers name was Mary Ann murtagh/murtha,once married they moved into ,30 pimlico ,Laois ,Dublin ,and had 3children Mary Ann Moore ,Christina Moore and Margret Moore ,
hope this helps
Frances

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 22 February 17 09:08 GMT (UK) »
Kassmiff hasn't been online since 2012 but back to the original inquiry-

Marriage certificate of John Best & Mary Moore now online (date 18 Oct.1916)- her father William Moore also listed as soldier-
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1917/09738/5533553.pdf
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!