Author Topic: Search THOMAS WARNER  (Read 5433 times)

Offline chicodubya

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Search THOMAS WARNER
« on: Tuesday 17 May 05 21:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Everyone
This is my first attempt at this ::) ::) ::)
I am looking for the parents of Samuel WARNER,born 1816 in Great Bromley, Essex.
On his marriage cert. to Mary Parmenter 31/12/1842, his father is shown as Thomas Warner.
I have found a Thomas Warner born 1790 in later censuses but can't connect him to Samuel.
Can anyone help please !!!!!

Offline sjsbc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Search THOMAS WARNER
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 18 May 05 03:57 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Where did the marriage in 1842 take place?  If Samuel married in 1842 it is likely he will be in the same area on the 1841 census.  If you are lucky you may find him with his family on the 1841 census.

Try posting as much detail as you have and requesting a look up on the 1841 census.

Sue
SCOTLAND: Scotland, Morrison, Bonnella, Third,
LINCOLNSHIRE: Bell, King, Emerson, Leesing, Canty, Cutting, Fox,
GLOUCESTERSHIRE: Antill, Onslow, Crook, Jenkins,
LANCASHIRE: Hall, Mayson, Dearden,
WILTSHIRE: Sloper, King, Willis, Stockwell,
ESSEX: Stone, Webb, Smith, Hawkins, Frye,
SOMERSET: Harrison, Jones,

Offline chicodubya

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 18 May 05 10:41 BST (UK) »
Thanks Sue

SAMUEL WARNER  married MARY PARMENTER on 31/12/1842 at HUTTON Parish Church.
They both lived in Hutton, fathers were THOMAS WARNER and WILLIAM PARMENTER.
Mary was born Hutton and Samuel in Great Bromley, both in Essex.
In 1851 they lived in Ramsden Crays with 3 children, George [6] Samuel [4] and Mary [3].

I have quite alot of information from then on if this would help anyone.

Chico

Offline sjsbc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 18 May 05 17:37 BST (UK) »
Hi,

on the 1841 for Essex

HO 107 / 322 / 017

page 3 folio 5
Living at Stock farm

Samuel Warner 20 ag lab, born in Essex
head of house, William Wright, 30, ag lab, born in Essex

also at Stock farm is John Pammerton 20 ag lab, born in Essex

I didn't see any other Warner or Parmenter families in Hutton

I guess this doesn't help much

Sue
SCOTLAND: Scotland, Morrison, Bonnella, Third,
LINCOLNSHIRE: Bell, King, Emerson, Leesing, Canty, Cutting, Fox,
GLOUCESTERSHIRE: Antill, Onslow, Crook, Jenkins,
LANCASHIRE: Hall, Mayson, Dearden,
WILTSHIRE: Sloper, King, Willis, Stockwell,
ESSEX: Stone, Webb, Smith, Hawkins, Frye,
SOMERSET: Harrison, Jones,

Offline mike1948

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 24 October 12 19:00 BST (UK) »
Hi
I read your message regarding Samuel Warner, he was my great great grandfather on my father's side of the family. I believe that I might be able to help as I have trawled the Parish records at the Essex records Centre. His father was as you rightly say Thomas Warner who was married to Mary, but I think that this was his second wife. His first wife being Susanna. Thomas was born on 16 November 1777, married 7 February 1816 and died 2 August 1828. These records are very sketchy and hard to read, but I think his father was also called Thomas who was married to Rachel on 16 November 1769 these links are tenuous and after taking up family history again now that I have retired I need to go back to the centre and try and firm up the links.
However as you say Samuel to Ramsden Crays around 1874. Samuel and Mary had nine children the fifth being Emma the mother of my grandfather Edward Thomas Warner who was born in 1874. Samuel was still there according to the 1891 Census, however  Samuel had moved by the time of his death on 12 July 1895 and was interned in Leyton Church which in those days was still in Essex but now is part of London. Mary his wife died on Boxing Day 1891 aged 73 years.
I have some more information and also some photographs of my grandfather's mother Emma. I also have some burial cards for both Mary and Samuel a copy of which I would be happy to forward to you.
If you have any information I would be very grateful to hear from you. You are the first person that I have been in touch with regarding the Warner family. I don't know where you live but if you would like some photographs of great Bromley then again I would be happy to send them to you as I have visited their on a couple of occasions.
Best wishes
Mike Warner

Offline chicodubya

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 25 October 12 20:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Mike

Thanks very much for the information, it was such a surprise to have my search revived after 7 years ! I also went to Essex Records Office last year and am pleased to say that I found more or less the same people as yourself, I still have to check the actual details but it certainly sounds the same. Your great- grandmother, Emma was the sister of my great- grandfather George, born 26 Jan 1845. I also have your Edward Thomas aged 27, living with his aunt Jane, a coffeehouse keeper in East Ham [1901Census]. My grandfather, also George, was killed in the Great War in Oct 1918.
I retired many years ago and have just started to extend my tree sideways as going further back was becoming a bit tenuous as parish records are not easy to decipher and apart from "Ag Labs" there doesn't seem much to be found. I now live in Farnham, Surrey and you can email me at (*). Hope to hear from you soon.
Best regards Howard Warner

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline mike1948

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 27 October 12 19:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Howard
Thank you for your reply, I was pleased you were able to confirm most of the information that I have on the family. Unlike your grandfather who is the only Warner casualty in the family that I am aware, my grandfather Edward Thomas was rejected by the Army as he had flat feet apparently, but my mother's father was in for the duration and was one of the fortunate ones to go through the war unscathed, but I think it affected him badly after according to my father.
My father told me that when he was a boy he went with his father to visit George who lived in Billericay whether this was your grandfather or great-grandfather I'm not sure. he also said that he had a aunt who ran a small hotel in Southend, I don't know if you know anything about this?
Unfortunately the moderator has removed your e-mail, because I have only just registered with roots, but my e-mail is (*) I am also having some difficulty with my computer so I am unable to send you any photos at present but I am just about to invest in a new laptop and will do so as soon as possible.
It was good to hear from another Warner, and if you have any further information about George I would be very interested to hear as WW1 history is another interest of mine.
Keep in touch
best wishes
Mike Warner
p.s I live in Maidstone, Kent

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline mike1948

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 11 June 14 20:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Howard
First i must apologise for not getting in touch earlier, we had some personal problems and I am afraid family history was very much put on hold. However I am pleased to say that the situation has been resolved and things are now back on an even keel.
I don't know if you are still ploughing on with your history, it would be great to hear from you, as I said I have very little information about my grandfathers family other than they lived in Essex and mostly worked on the land. I would appreciate any information you feel would be of interest as I am rather stuck.It would be wonderful to meet up sometime as I have a few photos
My sincere apologies, for not contacting you earlier.
Best wishes
Mike