Author Topic: Evan Jones-1837 Corwen  (Read 3140 times)

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Evan Jones-1837 Corwen
« on: Sunday 22 April 12 19:05 BST (UK) »
An Evan Jones is living in Penybryn Corwen Merionethshire with his widowed mother Margaret-HO107/2509/289/18.

Evan is given as born in Corwen in c 1837 and mother Margaret is given as born in Gwyddelwern in c 1797.I'm struggling to find Evan and Margaret in the 1841 Census.

From later Census info from Evan and his children this Evan could well be a relative of mine.More than likely to be a relative of Mary Jones my Greatx3-Grandmother who was born in Glyndyfrdwy in 1798 and who married an Edward Jones in the Llangollen area in c 1820.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Evan Jones-1837 Corwen
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 22 April 12 23:22 BST (UK) »
Hi William

Have you considered HO107/1428/4/24/16 for them in 1841

Living Penbryn,  Corwen as in the 1851.

gnu

PS - Margaret down as a widow under occupation and aged 40 which is within the 5 year age banding for 1797.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 22 April 12 23:38 BST (UK) »
Thanks gnu,I would agree that it the same Margaret and Evan from 1851.I should find out his father's name anyway later this week.He married an Amelia Davies at Glyn Ceiriog St Ffraid in 1863.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 22 April 12 23:42 BST (UK) »
Who knows Evan's father could well turn out to be my so far elusive John Jones born in Glyndyfrdwy in 1801?

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 22 April 12 23:48 BST (UK) »
I'll have a look at my Corwen and Gwyddelwern records tomorrow, WR. It will be afternoon though and I might not find anything as they end circa 1812.

I had lots of problems with my Jones family from Corwen and Gwyddelwern a few years ago and collected a long list of probables, so they might be amongst them.

My Glyn Ceiriog records finish in 1812  so can't help with that.

gnu

You might be interested to know that my Mates tree has doubled in size in the last week - I forgot that I'd not followed up  Ann and Thomas's other son!  The descendants moved to Co. Durham and all had large familes.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 23 April 12 00:07 BST (UK) »
Thanks,yes these Jones' are by far not the easiest to follow!My Mary Jones born in Glyndyfrdwy in 1798 had two known siblings,Margaret born 1799 and John born 1801 both in Glyndyfrdwy.

I wouldn't have thought it could possibly be my Margaret the mother of Evan,she is given as born in Gwyddelwern in 1851.

This Evan's later family tie in with Mary's children's family though much later on.

I also have been busy the last few days finding one member of my Parry/Davies/Griffiths family married in Breconshire in 1888,with a good many descendants and also one that emigrated to Pennsylvania USA.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 26 April 12 16:12 BST (UK) »
I looked up the marriage of Evan Jones to Amelia Davies at Glyn Ceiriog St Fraidd which took place on 01/08/1863.Evan's father showed as an Ellis Jones.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire