Author Topic: DANIEL MURPHY b.1866  (Read 1756 times)

Offline BJM

• RootsChat Extra
  • MURPHY
    • View Profile
DANIEL MURPHY b.1866
« on: Monday 23 April 12 23:29 BST (UK) »
Trying to track down the burial place of my great-grandfather DANIEL MURPHY b.12.04.1866 in Ayr. He died in the old Ayr County Hospital on 27th August 1915. His Mother, Father, Sister and Brother are all buried in the graveyard of St.Margaret's R.C Church in Ayr but there is no trace of Daniel there. His address at time of death was the Workman's Dwellings, King Street, Ayr. It is a possibility that he may have died in poverty and been buried in a paupers grave. Can anyone help me with any information on Daniel' last resting place or records of pauper's graves in Ayr.

Thank you

Brian
MURPHY, Richard 1837/Edward C1815 Cork, Ireland - MERRITT, Catherine 1843/Richard 1803 Birr, Co.Offaly, Ireland  - MURPHY, Daniel 1866 Ayr, Scotland

Offline LDM

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: DANIEL MURPHY b.1866
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 05 April 17 14:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Brian

We share the same great-grandfather, Daniel Murphy. I only started looking into our family's history yesterday and got as far as you - we came across your post this morning and it has been most useful in helping to confirm what we found out. Quite happy to pick up the baton and share anything we find.

Linda

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 06 April 17 01:25 BST (UK) »
He might have been buried in Ayr Cemetery, Holmston Rd.. The graveyard belonging to St. Margaret's Church is only small. The church was built in 1820s; I should think graveyard would have been full by end of century.
There's an old graveyard on Whitletts Rd. near King St.
Cowban

Offline LDM

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 06 April 17 13:57 BST (UK) »
Thanks!