Author Topic: Darragh - Coleraine  (Read 15961 times)

Offline MissBea

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Darragh - Coleraine
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 28 April 12 19:13 BST (UK) »
I am interested in the McKillens and asked your opinion on my maternal line.
C. Antrim/Ireland - McKillen, Kane, O'Kane, O'Neil, Coyle, Mallin, Donnelly, McMullen,
Scotland - Barnes, McKillen, Kean, Ross, Steel
England - Beards, Edwards, Clarke, Chinn, Chatham, McKillen, Bruton, Insull, Morgan, Tipple, Jarvis, Burgess, Hall, Walker, Swain, Morris, Kean, Kingett, Davies, Ryder.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 28 April 12 19:26 BST (UK) »
Yes, bit you weren't very clear about what details you are looking for and exactly what information you already have.

Starting from the beginning... are you sure the Ellen who married Joseph Darragh is Agnes' aunt?
If yes, when and where was Ellen born? parents' names? siblings?

The more details you give the easier it is to find information or suggest where to look next.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline MissBea

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 28 April 12 20:33 BST (UK) »
Ellen was born in 1879 in Ballymoney to Patrick Mckillen and Rose Kane sibling George and John. George is Agnes's father she was born in Glasgow. Why wouldn't she be Agnes's aunt?
C. Antrim/Ireland - McKillen, Kane, O'Kane, O'Neil, Coyle, Mallin, Donnelly, McMullen,
England - Beards, Edwards, Clarke, Chinn, Chatham, McKillen, Bruton, Insull, Morgan, Tipple, Jarvis, Burgess, Hall, Walker, Swain, Morris, Kean, Kingett, Davies, Ryder.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 28 April 12 20:52 BST (UK) »
What I meant was are you sure this Ellen McKillen is Agnes' aunt- since you hadn't posted more details I was just trying to verify that Ellen (McKillen) Darragh was really the person you were related to.

Ballymoney possibly is the registration district and not the actual birthplace.

From www.familysearch.org=
Children of Patrick McKillen & Rose Kane:
1. George Mckellen born 23 Feb.1875 Ireland
2. John Mckillen born 27 Apr.1877 Craigs, Co.Antrim (this is outside Ballymena not Ballymoney)- mother Rosey
3. Ellen Mckillen born 17 June 1879 Ballymoney district, Co. Antrim

Offline MissBea

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 28 April 12 23:04 BST (UK) »
My Aunt is a member of lds and has researched the family intensively but doesn't like to share and has accused me of stealing her information so I am sure that I have the Mckillens right to Margret Mary and back to Patrick and Rose, but other than that I have a possible for Patricks parents but thanks to all the records that were destroyed I have found it hard to get any further back.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 28 April 12 23:21 BST (UK) »
Contrary to popular belief very few Irish records were actually destroyed- pre-1901 census records (many pulped by government order), Church of Ireland registers (those sent to Dublin for safekeeping), early Wills and probate records (of which there are copies of many of the Wills) are the main missing items but all civil records (births, deaths, marriages) survive.

Offline MissBea

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 29 April 12 15:03 BST (UK) »
Sorry, I meant census records, which in England I have found really useful.  :-[

Offline markuk06

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: agnes mckillen
« Reply #25 on: Monday 07 May 12 21:19 BST (UK) »
hi im doing a tree for some one there mom was agnes mckillen wots your relationship plz and is there a photo

Offline MissBea

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 08 May 12 00:12 BST (UK) »
I am her grand-daughter and no sorry as far as I am aware there are no photos.
What is the relationship of the person you are doing the tree for?
Many thanks