Author Topic: 1837 Chester-le-Street Baptism, James Brown  (Read 1108 times)

Offline moominmama

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
1837 Chester-le-Street Baptism, James Brown
« on: Thursday 17 May 12 22:19 BST (UK) »
Hello, my search for my gt grandfather continues!  Having managed to track down his death (thanks to JenB) - buried in Chester-le-Street cemetary - I am now trying to find his birth.  There is a baptism record for a James Brown, mother Susan, father George (I know these are the right names as they are on his marriage certificate) on 22 January 1837 in Chester-le-Street.  If anyone were able to do a look up for that record that would be wonderful! 

We are still not sure whether we have the right person, as 'our' man was called Frederick Smith for much of his life, but Fred disappears without trace around 1891/92 and our gt grandmother Emma is then living with James Frederick Brown, who we are starting to think may be one and the same as Frederick Smith.  It is all very complicated - this over simplifies it, but without typing vast screeds it is the only way to summarise it.  Although James/Fredericks parents are on his marriage cert as Smith, his mother is nee Brown and therefore the confusion could start there?

If someone were able to check this baptism record we may have another shred of information to help piece it all together.  Here's hoping  :)  Thanks for reading.

Offline moominmama

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: 1837 Chester-le-Street Baptism, James Brown
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 17 May 12 22:47 BST (UK) »
Sorry  :-[ I've put this in the wrong place (too tired!), is there any chance someone could move it to the look up requests board please?? Thanks you!

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 21 May 12 19:57 BST (UK) »
The baptism is available online via the Durham Bishops transcripts (top entry r-h page)
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-11807-156281-61?cc=1309819&wc=11540270
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline moominmama

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 21 May 12 20:24 BST (UK) »
Wonderful Jen, thank you again!  You've managed to find me what I'm looking for at both ends of James' life!  :)