Author Topic: Gransha asylum  (Read 16773 times)

Offline johntosh

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Gransha asylum
« Reply #36 on: Monday 25 January 16 19:07 GMT (UK) »
My wife's great grandmother was Mary Anne McCandless who married William Tosh from Co. Antrim . The only information that I have about her is that she was from Macosquin, does anyone know if this is the same person?
same person as who ??? don't think a Mary Ann has been mentioned previously in this thread. The only Mary Anne McCandless I see in Macosquin Presbyterian Church baptisms was born 1869, daughter of Thomas McCandless & Sarah Brewster (the register, however, in incomplete in 1850s).
The church baptism records are wrong Mary ann and William are my grandparents,mary ann's mother was mary ann henry from ballyvenox her father was thomas and her grandfather was george from learden,her father thomas was married twice firstly to mary ann henry to whom he had 4 children my grandmother being the eldest then after his first wife died he married sarah jane brewster to whom he had 4 more children.
I'm a great grandson of William Tosh (1866) and Mary Ann. I believe that William's father was James Tosh (1840), but I'm struggling to find any further information on the Tosh line of the family. Any information that could help me over that hurdle would be much appreciated!

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Monday 25 January 16 21:49 GMT (UK) »
I'm a great grandson of William Tosh (1866) and Mary Ann. I believe that William's father was James Tosh (1840), but I'm struggling to find any further information on the Tosh line of the family. Any information that could help me over that hurdle would be much appreciated!

Welcome to Rootschat. To avoid your query getting lost in this Gransha/McCandless thread you might be better off starting a new topic on this board (if your Tosh family were the Coleraine/Londonderry ones). Be sure to tell us all the information you have so far and exactly what we can help you with  :)
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline johntosh

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 26 January 16 18:39 GMT (UK) »

Welcome to Rootschat. To avoid your query getting lost in this Gransha/McCandless thread you might be better off starting a new topic on this board (if your Tosh family were the Coleraine/Londonderry ones). Be sure to tell us all the information you have so far and exactly what we can help you with  :)

Thank you! I will do.  :)