Author Topic: Alice McGrath, Tipperary, born around 1847-50  (Read 5135 times)

Offline mfjcase

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Alice McGrath, Tipperary, born around 1847-50
« on: Sunday 22 May 05 04:50 BST (UK) »
My great-grandmother, Alice McGrath, was born in Tipperary in either 1847, 1848, or 1852 (the only date likely self-reported was 1847 in a census, so that is most likely correct).  The name may possibly be spelled McGraith, but there was only one instance in my records of this occuring.

Alice's parents were James McGrath and Margaret Norris of Tipperary.  Alice emigrated to Boston in 1881 or so, where she married my great-grandfather, Michael Casey (see my other post).  She was married shortly after arriving, and Michael had been in Boston for some time, so it is possible that they knew each other, meaning that the McGraths and Caseys could have been connected in Tipperary.

Alice's siblings include Thomas, Michael, James, Mary, Ellen and John, plus one other sister whose name I have not yet identified.  I believe Alice was probably from the southern part of Tipperary.

Many thanks to anyone who might be able to find any information.  I've hit a real dead end in my research in trying to locate their roots in Ireland. 

Offline mfjcase

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Alice McGrath, Tipperary, born around 1847-50
« Reply #1 on: Monday 20 June 05 00:43 BST (UK) »
I have some recent information to add to the above: Alice's missing sister was named Margaret and the McGrath family is from Ballyporeen.  Thanks.