Author Topic: Bird-In-Hand, Higham End, Raunds  (Read 9639 times)

Offline Ridgeback

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Bird-In-Hand, Higham End, Raunds
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 03 January 15 12:11 GMT (UK) »
Happy New Year to you Fran and all of the family in NZ

Thank you so very much for posting the Death cert. Just a matter of interest where do you fit in with the Nunley family?

Kindest regards

David
Northamptonshire, Norfolk, USA

Offline Quilter Fran

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 03 January 15 19:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi David,
Happy New Year to you and your family too!
My grandmother's grandmother, following my female line, takes me to Susannah Nunley, daughter of John Nunley and Mary Ann Britten. Susannah married John Mumford and was known as Susan. After Susan's death in 1877, her youngest daughter Deborah sailed to New Zealand to become domestic help to a widowed man, Christopher Hanham. They married in March 1878 making Deborah stepmother to three young children at age 20. Together they had 14 children, my grandmother  Annie being the 8th child. Annie married Arthur John Skelton and my mother Mavis was their 7th child.  Mum married Maurie Oates. Rosemary helped me with much of the Nunley history which confirmed the oral history I knew.
Kind Regards,
Fran
SKELTON,WINSHIP; Lincolnshire - Auckland: KEENAN/KEENAHAN, DONOVAN; Ireland-Merthyr Tydfil, Wales-Auckland,NZ: HANHAM; Dorset- Lancaster-Essex-Otago-Canterbury-Hokianga-Auckland: MUMFORD; Stonely, Kimbolton, Huntingdonshire: NUNLEY/NUNNERY; Raunds, Northamptonshire: HUCKLE, Roxton, Bedfordshire: OATS, TREMBATH, SIMONS; St Just in Penwith, Cornwall-Thames NZ- Auckland, NZ: DOBB, ROWE; Sithney Parish, Porthleven, Cornwall-Thames NZ: PORTEOUS, HEDLEY/HEADLEY, Manchester, Lancashire-Auckland NZ

Offline Quilter Fran

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 05 January 15 07:05 GMT (UK) »
Could someone tell me the words of the last line of Joseph and Alice Nunley's headstone.
Thanks,
Fran
SKELTON,WINSHIP; Lincolnshire - Auckland: KEENAN/KEENAHAN, DONOVAN; Ireland-Merthyr Tydfil, Wales-Auckland,NZ: HANHAM; Dorset- Lancaster-Essex-Otago-Canterbury-Hokianga-Auckland: MUMFORD; Stonely, Kimbolton, Huntingdonshire: NUNLEY/NUNNERY; Raunds, Northamptonshire: HUCKLE, Roxton, Bedfordshire: OATS, TREMBATH, SIMONS; St Just in Penwith, Cornwall-Thames NZ- Auckland, NZ: DOBB, ROWE; Sithney Parish, Porthleven, Cornwall-Thames NZ: PORTEOUS, HEDLEY/HEADLEY, Manchester, Lancashire-Auckland NZ

Offline deeiluka

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Mrs Dee & me.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 05 January 15 08:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi Fran.     :D
Long time, no talk!   :)

"Until the day break and the shadows flee away."

Dee    :)
Steeles, Burton, Garrod (Norfolk), Clarke, Tomblin (Rutland)
Bauer (London, France), Blades, Parker (Surrey)
Edwards, Coles, Smith, Nunley, Craddock, York, & Linnell (Northants) )
Ehmcke, Deimel, Appelkamp (Germany)
Watts (Somerset, Wiltshire) Selway, Churchill, & Chappell (Somerset)
Redwood (Devon, Essex) Button, Archer, Leach (Cambridgeshire)

Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Quilter Fran

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 05 January 15 09:03 GMT (UK) »
Ah, thanks Rosemary :-D
What beautiful words!
Fran