Author Topic: Marriage Lookup Please: William Sheldon & Sarah Wardropper M: 1827  (Read 2128 times)

Online fiddlerslass

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage Lookup Please: William Sheldon & Sarah Wardropper M: 1827
« Reply #9 on: Monday 20 February 17 11:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
The BT images for 1800 seems to be missing from the familysearch version, but I have a fiche transcript of Chester-le-Street baptisms (PR) and it is John born 1799 chr 27th July 1800 5th son of Robert SHELDON and Jane (nee CROW)

Also checked John born 1797 chr May 20th 1798 4th son for Robert & Jane.

There is no death for these Johns in Chester-le Street area as far as I can see, and there is one John in the later censuses, born Fatfield about 1798, so it is possible that the John Chr 1800 is really William - perhaps a mistake by the clergyman or parish clerk when compiling the register - on the same date the previous entry is a John and the next after John SHELDON is a William!

The next, so 6th son, is George Walker SHELDON here is the BT

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HT-6SHW-C1L?i=374&wc=9K59-6TG%3A13618101%2C16337901%2C16337902&cc=1309819

According to Chester-le-Street BTs, Robert & Jane married by licence there in 1783 - unfortunately this year is missing from familysearch images, but the calendar of marriagelicenses index stated Robert to be a widower and witnesses to the licence were Mark Crofton & William Greenbank. Both Robert & Jane described as of this (CLS) parish at this date.

Hannah, wife of Robert SHELDON of Fatfield bur CLS 24 th Jan 1779 BTs

1 Aug 1777  Robert Sheldon = Hannah Wilkin from Genuki Chester-le-Street pages may be the marriage.

Bulman, DUR
Butterfield DUR & N. YKS,
Earnshaw DUR
Hopps DUR & N. YKS
Howe, Richardson,Thompson all DUR

William Thompson violin maker Bishop Auckland
William Thompson jun. Violin maker Leeds

Richardson in Bermondsey/East Ham, descendants of William Richardson b. 1820 Bishop Auckland

Berger, Fritsch, Ritschel, Pechanz, Funke, Endesfelder & others from Czechia