Author Topic: Stutton marriage - LORD  (Read 14326 times)

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Stutton marriage - LORD
« on: Sunday 08 July 12 21:04 BST (UK) »
Hi, does anyone have access to the Stutton marriage records and could look up a marriage for me please? Michael Lord and Mary around 1808-1812.

Background: my 3* great grandfather John Lord was born in Stutton around 1809 (according to the censuses) and I've found a baptism on FamilySearch for a John Lord to Michael Lord and Mary on 10 March 1813. I can't find another John Lord nearer the date so I'm hoping this may be him. FamilySearch has baptisms for 2 other siblings ... Sarah in 1816 and William in 1822.

Michael was born around 1787 & Mary around 1791, both in Stutton. They died in 1870 and 1845 and are buried in St Peter's in Stutton. But I've not had any luck with their marriage.

Baptism records for them would be the icing on the cake.

Thanks,

Deirdre
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline t mo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Stutton marriage - LORD
« Reply #1 on: Monday 09 July 12 08:15 BST (UK) »
i can give you this marriage for a michael lord to mary damant  19 sept 1809 harkstead suffolk  harkstead is just down the road a piece from stutton so a fair bet i,d say the record is in parish marriages supplied by suffolk family history soc .
regards
trevor
ps just looked for births for either but nothing shows for them in same set of records on find my past site looks like your best bet is to get in touch with the suffolk family history soc  , or look out for suffolkmawther or suffolk sue there the girls for suffolk interests .
trevor
morters-cambs-norfolk   clements london    copas newington
went colchester essex    goodey essex -suffolk

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 09 July 12 09:42 BST (UK) »
Cheers Trevor, looks great to me. Have found it on FindMyPast now too, guess I was being too precise in looking for Stutton marriage (thought Mary was from Stutton too), and not knowing the area. 

Can explore further now I have Mary's maiden name.

Thanks again,

Deirdre
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline t mo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 09 July 12 09:51 BST (UK) »
yes it,s too easy to get blinkered sometimes and i,ve found before a note in a parish record book that some marriages were conducted outside of a parish because no one liked the vicar so always look outside the box .
regards
trevor

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 09 July 12 09:55 BST (UK) »
Got a bit too excited in finding them I think  ::)

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 14 July 12 21:08 BST (UK) »
Have discovered a CD from the Felixstowe FHS covering BMDs in Sutton from 1645-1900.... will order it in the next few days.

Offline t mo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 15 July 12 10:26 BST (UK) »
shows you how good i am i live in felixstowe and had forgotten all about our family history soc  :-[ :-[ :P ;D ;D
thanks for that deirdre .
regards
trevor

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 15 July 12 17:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Trevor,
There's not another Stutton in Suffolk is there? Just that the parishes/areas covered by the Felixstowe FHS appear much closer to Felixstowe than Stutton...  I'm assuming the one I'm interested in is on the B1080, south of Alton Water? 
Deirdre

Offline t mo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 15 July 12 18:41 BST (UK) »
whato deirdre
thers not another one as far as i,m aware i did do a google search and the only other one that comes up is north yorkshire so i doubt it,s that one  ;D , also i,ve looked at the list of parishes covered by felixstowe fhs and as far as it goes i,d say covering the bealings and martlesham isn,t much different to stutton not as the crow flies it could be they have that one as someone in the soc did a search for folk from there so i wouldn,t worry if your still not happy get in touch with the soc and ask them to clarify it .
best wishes
trevor