Author Topic: Elizabeth Emily Mason ... Dubbo  (Read 12347 times)

Offline annette ellen

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Emily Mason ... Dubbo
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 10 July 12 07:31 BST (UK) »
Hello Judith,
Thank you for the Electoral Rolls of 1909 & 1914 and the ones on there are also family members as one is the Mother and the others are her children and it gives me another way to go regarding how they all fit in.

The 1909 one with Henry Ferris is a real bonus and also the 1914 one at Rushworth.
I thank you for all the info.
regards
Annette. :)
Dundee, Montrose, Perthshire, Errol,- Ireland , Birmingham, Huddersfield, England, Rotterdam, Holland.
Kettles, Kettle, Young, Archibald, Smith, Greive, Philp, Gibson, Mason, Bent, White, Cunneen, Cahill, Pratt, Frost, Bridges, Mothersole, Money, Roche/Roach, Lenehan/ Linehan/ Linahan, Leonard, Sayles, Waren/Warren, Johnson, Berigan/Bergin/Berrigan/Birgin, Janssen.
Steel, McNab, Christie, Kelly, Fraser.

Offline ferrismj

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 02 December 13 08:16 GMT (UK) »
i am elizabeth mason's grandson  she lived with us in dubbo until her death in 1974 if anyone would like more info my email is *  , sorry if this is late my first time on this website    hope i can help    Michael Ferris
(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline annette ellen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 03 December 13 23:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Michael,
Thanks for your message and I will email you.
regards Annette
Dundee, Montrose, Perthshire, Errol,- Ireland , Birmingham, Huddersfield, England, Rotterdam, Holland.
Kettles, Kettle, Young, Archibald, Smith, Greive, Philp, Gibson, Mason, Bent, White, Cunneen, Cahill, Pratt, Frost, Bridges, Mothersole, Money, Roche/Roach, Lenehan/ Linehan/ Linahan, Leonard, Sayles, Waren/Warren, Johnson, Berigan/Bergin/Berrigan/Birgin, Janssen.

Offline kennett

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 07 December 13 20:24 GMT (UK) »
i am elizabeth mason's grandson  she lived with us in dubbo until her death in 1974 if anyone would like more info my email is * , sorry if this is late my first time on this website    hope i can help    Michael Ferris

Not supposed to post email addresses.

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 08 December 13 03:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi Michael  :)

Welcome to rootschat  :)

I will ask a moderator to remove your email address which has also been quoted in a response ::)

There is a personal message system which you can use if you wish to contact any other forum members however you need two more posts before you can use it.
http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Cheers  :)
Cando

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline annette ellen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 28 December 13 22:17 GMT (UK) »

I am trying to find any info about Mary Cope the Mother of Elizabeth Emily Mason. Her parents were James Cope and Hannah Murphy. Mary Cope was born Mt Shadwell Vic on her marriage certificate in 1885. Mary died in Bairnsdale in 1888. I can assume that Mary was born in 1865?
Hope that someone may be able to help me with this request
Thanks once again.
Annette ellen. :)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 28 December 13 22:43 GMT (UK) »

I am trying to find any info about Mary Cope the Mother of Elizabeth Emily Mason. Her parents were James Cope and Hannah Murphy. Mary Cope was born Mt Shadwell Vic on her marriage certificate in 1885. Mary died in Bairnsdale in 1888. I can assume that Mary was born in 1865?
Hope that someone may be able to help me with this request
Thanks once again.
Annette ellen. :)

Birth registered VIC BDM, Mortlake Victoria 1866
Mary Jane COPE, dau of James Cope and Hanah Murphy, #2865

Cheers, JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 29 December 13 00:10 GMT (UK) »
Some confusion
On another thread (no longer available at RChat)  I had read that Mrs Ferris had re-married after the death of her husband, Henry.   I had read that this second marriage was in 1929 at Dubbo.   So may I mention there’s not just electoral roll entries for Emily Elizabeth as FERRIS right up to 1960s, but there’s also at least one other official record where she is noted as Mrs E FERRIS, and not by a different married surname.   

Is it possible that the Emily E FERRIS marriage in 1929 at Dubbo, to a David Mackenzie (NSW BDM #15796) is NOT for the Mrs E FERRIS, widow of Henry and mother of the children listed in the obit that Ros found back at this post?   
X
Here's an obit to Henry Ferris who died suddenly in Dubbo - gives family details
http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article76098045

A copy of the official transcription of that 1929 mc should give the details of the bride’s parents, the bride’s age, and her then status, and her former and nee names.
http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/bdm_fh.html
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,300394.0.html

Here’s where I can find Mrs E FERRIS mentioned in 1939 as the mother of Charles FERRIS:

Charles Albert Henry FERRIS NX13286,  date if birth 26 March 1916 at Dubbo, deceased 16 May 1983 as per his WWII service records digitised and online at naa.gov.au
He was employed at Hectors Brick Works, North Dubbo when he enlisted 7 Feb 1939.  His mother was one of several people noted under the heading Name and Address of Next of Kin :  Mrs E Ferris, 87 Darling St, Dubbo, (Mother). (page 16 of 21)

http://www.naa.gov.au/collection/search/index.aspx  (Search as a guest).

http://www.ww2roll.gov.au/Veteran.aspx?serviceId=A&veteranId=132332
This chap's NAA file shows he is deceased  (page 5 of 21,  year : 1983, ....

I recall mentioning  Emily E Ferris versus Elizabeth Emily FERRIS earlier and others did also.
X
Electoral rolls show:
1909 at Moora St, Rushworth
Emily Elizabeth MASON, home duties (no other MASONs shown in Rushworth in 1909)
1914 at Bailieston (no other address shown so these people may not have been living in the same house, and no relationships shown)
Charles MASON, sleeper hewer
Clement Melville MASON, labourer
Eliza Jane MASON, home duties
Emily Elizabeth MASON, home duties
George Ernest MASON, labourer
1914 at Rushworth
Henry FERRIS junior, farmer,
Elizabeth Emily FERRIS, home duties

I confirm Ros’ sighting of the NSW BDM index entry for Emily Elizabeth FERRIS’ death at Dubbo at age 90 years, registered Dubbo 1977.  (#6897)  .  I have not found the 1974 death for Elizabeth at Dubbo that is mentioned here:
i am elizabeth mason's grandson  she lived with us in dubbo until her death in 1974
  :)  :)  But likely 1974 may be a typo for 1977.   

I should also mention that Sue had found likely birth for that Charles FERRIS, with his mother as Elizabeth E, not as Emily E.
FERRIS, Charles E. Parents Henry & Elizabeth E. 1916 Dubbo 15204

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline annette ellen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 29 December 13 02:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi majm,
Thank you for that info about Mary's  B/C will have to get one.
The Emily Elizabeth  Mason in the 1914 Electoral Rolls is not the same person .as she is the mother and M/in/L of one of the other names. This Emily Elizabeth Mason is my G/Grand Mother.
The Elizabeth Emily Mason is a Daughter of Charles Mason  who is a younger brother of John Mason who married a Emily Elizabeth Bent.
Total confusion with so many names the same through out the families.
I have been told so many things, I am trying to find out the right information regarding them all.
I really appreciate  all your time and information that you have found out and I will check it out and get the BC for Mary.
Many Thanks once again
Annette ellen  :)