Author Topic: John BULFIN b 1836 son of William BULFIN of Corrigeen  (Read 12066 times)

Offline Kiwi Girl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Thanks for your help, I'll try and help too
    • View Profile
Re: John BULFIN b 1836 son of William BULFIN of Corrigeen
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 12 March 15 00:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi ASkinner and Johnbhoward!

My cousin-in-law's John is indeed the one who married Isobel Moore!  So Miss Ann Greene has been added to the tree.  John, son of William has a son called Thomas - maybe named after a Grandfather?  If so William father of John who was born in 1836 may have been a son of Thomas...  does that fit with your timeline Johnbhoward?
Jamieson (Aberdeenshire / Otago). Watt (Aberdeenshire/ Southland), Lane (Nova Scotia / England / South Island), Brown (Paisley / Abbey Eat Taieri), Houseal/  Hausihl (Germany / Philadelphia / Nova Scotia / Dover / South Island), Gillespie (Glasgow / Ireland), Farquharson, Urquhart, Kaua (East Coast, North Island), Hughes (Anglesea / East Coast, North Island), Boyd (Scotland / East Coast, North Island), Bulfin (south Island)

Offline ASkinner71

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 09 June 15 07:59 BST (UK) »
For William Bulfin & Ann Greene I have 9 children listed:
Elizabeth [married Ross Moore in NY USA but they soon moved to NZ]
Thomas [married Elizabeth Hamilton in IRE but lately there could be conflicting info] - this my line
Mary Ann [married Henry Haddock in USA]
Robert [ I don't have a marriage but d 1902 Sydney Aust]
Margaret [married John Gill]
Sarah Jane - no info
William [married Alice Cummins in Sydney Aust]
John who married Isobel Moore - as yet I'm not sure if Isobel related to Ross Moore as listed above
George [married Maria Bevan in Sydney Aust]

William Bulfin b1812 IRE I have as the son of Robert Bulfin & Mary Anne -?- [not known]

You would think that with a name of Bulfin it would be easy to trace, however whether the family was catholic or protestant, most had a tendency for large families, with names commonly repeated throughout & down the generations.

If you have suggestions &/or corrections, would appreciate such - where possible I try to list documented {official etc} sources.
Wide variety of names, mostly Bulfin & Pardy starting in Ireland; Wilson from Scotland and Ford, Taylor, Skinner [with Colmer connections] from England

Offline ASkinner71

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 09 June 15 08:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Johnbhoward

Your post about one of  Thomas Bulfin's niece Mary Ann, marrying a Hynes.
Do you happen to know who this particular Mary Ann's parents were?
I can't seem to match up with what I have.  Mind you, I don't have all the marriages noted.
Wide variety of names, mostly Bulfin & Pardy starting in Ireland; Wilson from Scotland and Ford, Taylor, Skinner [with Colmer connections] from England

Offline ASkinner71

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 09 June 15 12:16 BST (UK) »