Author Topic: Mary Ellen Powell-Joseph Lowe  (Read 2631 times)

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Mary Ellen Powell-Joseph Lowe
« on: Thursday 09 August 12 13:19 BST (UK) »
My Great-Grandmother was an Eleanor Evans born in Bagillt Flintshire in 1849.Eleanor had a sister Elizabeth born in 1841 in Bagillt.Elizabeth was to marry an Edwin Powell in 1866,described as a Holywell Civil Marriage on North Wales BMD.Edwin and Elizabeth were to have children;
Henry(1867)
Mary(1869)
Isaac(1870)
John(1873)
William(1880)
Edward(1883)
All of these children were born in Bagillt.Up to this morning I didn't know who Mary married.In my search for further info for Mary I've noted in the past the entry of a Mary E Powell given as a Servant born in Bagillt in c 1870,in Marple Cheshire in the 1891 Census.Looking again for possible marriages for a Mary Powell I noticed the marriage of a Mary E Powell and a Joseph Lowe in 1900,given again as a Holywell Civil Marriage on North Wales BMD.

I thought I would contact the Flintshire County Council Registry Office at Mold with a view to buying the Marriage Certificate.I phoned them up and I gave the reference from North Wales BMD.The lady asked me whether I knew the father's name of either Mary or Joseph.I tentatively gave Mary's father as Edwin,she said she would check the details and phone me back.Within twenty minutes I got a phone call back and the lady confirmed Mary's father as Edwin!Being delighted I thanked her of course but politely declined when she offered to send the marriage certificate to me!

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk