Author Topic: Samuel Stanfield and Ann O'Donnell  (Read 4345 times)

Offline bones23

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Samuel Stanfield and Ann O'Donnell
« on: Friday 10 August 12 04:23 BST (UK) »
Looking for my GG Grandfather's parents, Samuel Stanfield married Ann O'Donnell in Manchester 2nd Feb 1862, they came to australia, brisbane between then and 1864 their first child was born then. Later they moved to bowen, does anybody have any info on the Stanfield family that can help.......Pam

ErrorSPAM
REPORT THIS POST AS SPAM (Use 'Report to Moderator'). DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS IN THIS POST. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS PERSON.
][/color]

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Samuel Stanfield and Ann O'Donnell
« Reply #1 on: Friday 10 August 12 05:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Pam, have you any idea of where and when they were born?

Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 10 August 12 05:43 BST (UK) »
They married at Manchester Cathedral - the marriage is on
www.lancashirebmd.org.uk

allan
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline bones23

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 10 August 12 07:10 BST (UK) »
Samuel was born Manchester, Ann or Hanora was born in Tipperary Ireland both around 1836 - 1837, I can find births but I don't know which one is correct. I found an Ann O'Donnell Lancashire Census 1851 this one was 15, father was Peter O'Donnell Dock labourer,wife was Ann, 3 other children. Samuel Stanfield Lancashire Census 1841 he was 5, father James Stansfield mother Hannah, it seems they change the spelling leaving out the s in the middle. When researching the births over here it came up as Stansfield and her name was Honora, but my grandfather was Stanfield. Ann O'Donnell 1861 census age 25 born in 1836 servent 164 Great Howard St Liverpool. I can not find her in the 1871 census, that could be because she married Samuel in 1862 and went to Aust. Also found Ann O'Donnell census 1841 age 6 father James mother Elizabeth also 3 other siblings. Another Ann 1861 census, age 24, sister in law,Blackburn. So any info would be great...........thanks Pam

ErrorSPAM
REPORT THIS POST AS SPAM (Use 'Report to Moderator'). DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS IN THIS POST. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS PERSON.
][/color

Online AntonyMMM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Researcher (retired) and former Deputy Registrar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 10 August 12 09:32 BST (UK) »
Have you got a copy of the 1862 marriage certificate ?

- that will give you ages, father's names/occupations and should then make identifying the correct families in the census much easier.

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 10 August 12 12:54 BST (UK) »
You do need the M/C as nothing is available on-line to identify the Parents except the Marriage took place 02 February 1862, Cathedral, Mancester, Lancashire.
And yes he is under STANFIELD, no s.

I see they died 1918/1921 in Queensland.
Ann Norah Stanfields Mother was nee Quinn
(you probably have the details but buying the Certs is a good idea if you dont already have them, as they will contain extra info usually)

Unfortunately with Family research we need to spend money to confirm details.

Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline bones23

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 11 August 12 05:49 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the information, I did find the marriage certificate so I will apply for it, also the death certificates, I know they died in bowen just a couple of hours from here. Great ideas, I didn't think I would get any replies, but how great are you all, thank you. I will post any info I find...........Pam

ErrorSPAM
][/color]

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 11 August 12 08:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Pam,
Its great you are getting the Certs.
I did find several possibles for Samuel including one down as a nephew in 1851.

Please let us know the outcome of the Certs as I and others can likely help more with more info.

Cheers,
Trish :) (in Sydney)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline bones23

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 12 August 12 08:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Trish

Thank you for your help, I have applied for the marriage cert so will let you know what I find, if not enough info then I will apply for their death certs.......Pam Townsville

ErrorSPAM
][/color]