Author Topic: Marriage Look Up Please - Gallichan/Morisander.  (Read 1483 times)

Offline MotoFreako64

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Marriage Look Up Please - Gallichan/Morisander.
« on: Saturday 18 August 12 21:58 BST (UK) »
Another Jersey query. My 4x Great Grandfather Thomas Gallichan, baptised St Helier 20th October 1784. He married a lady named Nancy Ann Morisander (or just Ann Morisander). I can't find this name on internet searches at all, so any assistance would be very helpful. I know they had a son, also named Thomas, baptised in St Helier on 15 April 1811... so, the marriage is somewhere between 1800 and 1811, probably in St Helier.

This is my first step trying to piece together the elder Thomas Gallichan's ancestry in Jersey, there's a lot of them about so it might take some time LOL.  ::)

Offline la grande-méthe

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage Look Up Please - Gallichan/Morisander.
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 19 August 12 01:23 BST (UK) »
They actually had an older son Philippe baptized 30/9/1808. I have the baptism of Thomas as 5/5/1811, I can recheck it to be sure but you may be interested in his godparents - Joseph and Jeanne Gallichan (grandparents). I don't think I ever did find a marriage for Thomas Snr and Ann (Nancy) but they did have at least 7 children.

Offline MotoFreako64

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage Look Up Please - Gallichan/Morisander.
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 19 August 12 22:17 BST (UK) »
My mistake LGM, Thomas jnr 's baptism was 5 may 1811. The mention of His grandparents being Joseph and Jeanne Gallichan does open up which Gallichan line this is. I'm guessing Joseph could also be written as Josue? It would be good to find out who Jeanne was, but I reckon I can get Joseph's family back to Vincent Gallichan and Maria de La Landes (Deslandes) in Trinty circa 1600. I've seen Morisander transcribed/written in many different forms, I wonder if she was an incomer? Thanks for the information on the seven children though, certainly something else to investigate.