Author Topic: Matthew Eggleton 1833 and Harriet Completed  (Read 2224 times)

Offline Vicwinann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Matthew Eggleton 1833 and Harriet Completed
« on: Wednesday 19 September 12 06:14 BST (UK) »
Hello
Can someone find in 1861 a Harriet Eggleton, wife of Matthew. In all the other censuses bar 1881 she says born 1831/2 Chieveley. Matthew doesn't seem to know his age but was christened Shaw in 1833 which age is on 1851 and 1871.
I need to be more sure that  she was the Harriet Goddard, which marriage is on FreeBMD in 1853 before I order the cert. I cannot identify him in 1861 on FindMyPast but the ancestry one might have them.  Thanks.
Vicwinann
Sellwood Berkshire Oxon Lancs Wilts; Cassell Berkshire and Guildford; Leighs Guildford and London; Saunders Portsea, Greenwich and Deptford ; Austin Cookham; Osgood Berkshire; Dack Norfolk; Darling Berkshire and Mapledurham; Wilkins Englefield Berks; Havenhand Derbys; Whileman Derbys; Reedman Derbys, Notts, Australia, Africa; Rottenberry Deptford and Devon;

Offline Kimbrey

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Matthew Eggleton 1833 and Harriet
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 19 September 12 08:41 BST (UK) »
I cannot find him on the Ancestry 1861 census.

There are several Public Trees on Ancestry with Matthew in and none of them have the 1861 sourced although they do source the other census' until his death in 1884.

They all give the 1853 marriage to Harriet Goddard but source it only through FreeBMD,one gives the place as Newbury

Kim

Offline Vicwinann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Matthew Eggleton 1833 and Harriet
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 19 September 12 08:54 BST (UK) »
Hello Kimbrey,
Thanks. Looks like I am going to have to buy the certificateto make sure that it was Harriet Goddard (and which one) that he married.  She is who I am really interested in.
Many thanks for looking that up for me.
Vicwinann
Sellwood Berkshire Oxon Lancs Wilts; Cassell Berkshire and Guildford; Leighs Guildford and London; Saunders Portsea, Greenwich and Deptford ; Austin Cookham; Osgood Berkshire; Dack Norfolk; Darling Berkshire and Mapledurham; Wilkins Englefield Berks; Havenhand Derbys; Whileman Derbys; Reedman Derbys, Notts, Australia, Africa; Rottenberry Deptford and Devon;