Author Topic: Burden family St. George in the East  (Read 3535 times)

Offline heathgirl

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Burden family St. George in the East
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 26 August 17 17:54 BST (UK) »
Re Martha Burden supposedly age 40 on the 1841 census, I believe I now have her death certificate, issued 9 March 1854 occurring at 18 Charles Square St. George in the East. She was 68 years then, thus born 1786, and she was the widow of John Burden, a Biscuit Baker. Since Wm Robert Wooldridge lived at 17 Charles Square when he married 13 June 1841, it would seem likely this Martha might indeed be the mother of Elizabeth Burden, who had married a Wooldridge (biscuit baker).The difficulty is Martha should be the widow of William Burden not John Burden, as the baptism of Elizabeth gave her father's name as William. on the chance he may have been using both John and William as first name, I now am searching for any sort of lead on a John Burden or perhaps a John "William" Burden, a biscuit baker who was definitely deceased by 8 March 1854 and who was likely born about 1786 as well. I might add Mary Ann Ross of 5 Spencer Street St. George in the East was present at Martha's death.  Any suggestions or hints for this search are welcome.
Heath, Moody, Attwood, King, Baker, Haysman, in Dartford or Chatham Kent
Heath, Moody in Marylebone and Paddington, London
O'Keefe or Keefe in Plaistow