Author Topic: 1911 census lookup please  (Read 6452 times)

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
Re: 1911 census lookup please
« Reply #9 on: Monday 01 October 12 15:06 BST (UK) »
Can't be certain it's him but at least it gives you something to check with
the English marriage that Pauline found

FreeBMD has the marriage as Edward William R Hay / Christina Guyan Forrest
2nd quarter 1898 Tynemouth

ev

Added - forgot to add Elspet Guyan(other surname Forrest) death 1912 St Nicholas Aberdeen , b c1859

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XT6B-GYK
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline pollymann

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 01 October 12 17:42 BST (UK) »
I was curious about the name Forrest on Edward and Christina's marriage so I looked for her birth and she was the illegitimate daughter of Elspet Forrest but her middle name was Guyan. Her death record gives her father's name as Henry Guyan. If you would like I can email the records to you if you send me a pm with your email address. I have still not managed to locate Edward but he was the informant of Christina's death in 1909.
Pauline
Henderson, McCormack, Smith, Dalziel, Robison, Muirhead, Riddick, Irving, Raffle, McKeig, McGhie, McCulloch, Walker, Murray, Blacklock, Beaty. McKie, Wilson, Dickson, Holliday, Robson, Bryden, Muir - Dumfriessshire /Kirkcudbrightshire.
Tough, Gordon, Allan, Henry/Hendry, Reid, Pirie, Hardie, Longmuir, Leslie, Copland, Forbes, Thompson, Rutherford, Meldrum, Leid, Ironside, Rennie, Ronald, Thom, Simpson, Wilson, Sim and Young - Aberdeenshire/Banffshire.
Noble, Gray, Bird - Durham/Northumberland

Offline dinkey

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 01 October 12 21:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Pauline

Thank you for all your help on my behalf. If you could email the records to me that would be a great help.

My email is (*)

regards

Julie

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.
TRAVIS/ROCHDALE-OLDHAM-TODMORDEN-ASHTON-U-LYNE-BURY AREAS
DALTON/WIDNES- CHESHIRE-THORNTON-FLEETWOOD

Offline pollymann

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 02 October 12 08:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Julie
You will have to send me a personal message with your email as email addresses are removed from posts.
Pauline
Henderson, McCormack, Smith, Dalziel, Robison, Muirhead, Riddick, Irving, Raffle, McKeig, McGhie, McCulloch, Walker, Murray, Blacklock, Beaty. McKie, Wilson, Dickson, Holliday, Robson, Bryden, Muir - Dumfriessshire /Kirkcudbrightshire.
Tough, Gordon, Allan, Henry/Hendry, Reid, Pirie, Hardie, Longmuir, Leslie, Copland, Forbes, Thompson, Rutherford, Meldrum, Leid, Ironside, Rennie, Ronald, Thom, Simpson, Wilson, Sim and Young - Aberdeenshire/Banffshire.
Noble, Gray, Bird - Durham/Northumberland

Offline HendryHunter

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 24 December 12 17:33 GMT (UK) »
I believe this is out of order; I'm new at this.

I noticed on your "Signature" that you show, among others, HENDRY, Gordon, Reid, Rutherford, Rennie and Young surnames - of Aberdeenshire.  That matches my own Hendry line in Abderdeenshire.  Would be interested in sharing. 

Renee Hendry Greene (USA)

Offline dinkey

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 25 December 12 07:08 GMT (UK) »
you need to send a personal message to pollymann

regards

dinkey
TRAVIS/ROCHDALE-OLDHAM-TODMORDEN-ASHTON-U-LYNE-BURY AREAS
DALTON/WIDNES- CHESHIRE-THORNTON-FLEETWOOD

Offline tidybooks

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 25 December 12 07:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi Hendry Hunter,

Rootschat has a PM system which you can use when you make 3 posts, reply to this post will be 2, then only one other post to make. To use PM system, go to the persons last post, under pollyman there is a black circle with a lined page inside, click on that and personal message system opens up, put title of thread as subject, then ask for the details that you want.

Tom
Scotland - Buchanan, Thomson, Pat(t)erson, Stewart, Ritchie, Tracey
Ireland - Tracey, Conroy, Pat(t)erson.

Offline Littleboylost

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 18 January 16 20:29 GMT (UK) »
I've just started tracing my family tree and came across this thread after putting my paternal Grandfathers name in Google search. Alexander Ralph Guyan Hay. I believe he is the same ARG Hay referred to in this thread and his parents Edward WR HAY & Christina Hay (Nee Guyan) are my great grandparents? My father Ernest Wilson Hay was one of 4 children (3 sons and 1 daughter ) born to Alexander Ralph Guyan Hay & Hildema Hay (nee Wilson). Sadly my father passed away when I was 10 on the 2nd Nov 1973 aged 34. Searching my family tree has been like a journey of reconciliation with my past and I'd love to trace as far back as possible. I would appreciate any help folks can give me.

Offline flst

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 18 January 16 23:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi and welcome to rootschat. I'm sure it won't be too long before someone replies to your post. It's always exciting when a link is found :) I suggest that you have a look at the Beginners board. You will find lots of useful hints & tips on how to start researching your family tree. Please note that new members have to make 3 posts before they can use the personal message (pm) system. This is especially useful when exchanging sensitive information/recent events, or email addresses & contact details. This information should not be posted for all to see :)
Regards,
flst
TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.