Author Topic: BOXALL (and variants), All  (Read 43731 times)

Offline yb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: BOXALL (and variants), All
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 15 March 05 18:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ronnie,
Do you perhaps have any information about Boxalls that immigrated from England to Southern Africa around the late 1800's ?

Thanks yb

Dear yb,

I have tried to find details of the BOXALLs in South Africa but so far have had very little success.  If you have details of your BOXALLs and have BMDs that relate back to England then I could probably help.  I would really like to get a handle on the South Africa BOXALLs.  Please let me know what you have and what you need to know and I will see if I can help.  I have one entry for Gladstone, South Africa in my database but I'm afraid that is all for now.

Kindest regards
Ronnie

Hi Ronnie,
Thanks for replying so promptly. Unfortunately at present I don't have much info on them at all. I only know my grandfather who lived in King Williamstown in South Africa was called Alfred. His father came out with settlers to South Africa in the late 1800's and married a German lady whom he met on the boat coming out.
 I thought I would take a shot in the dark hoping that perhaps you had some information of someone coming out here as there are so very few Boxalls in South Africa.
Thanks for your reply and I would appreciate it if you do come across any info on them.

Regards
YB

Offline wilkipet

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 03 April 05 22:55 BST (UK) »
My g.g.randmother was SARAH BOXALL b.1824 d.1900 at Wrecclesham,Farnham, Surrey m,3April 1847 to William Wilkinson. Her father was William Boxall.
Is there a link? Gerald
Wilkinson-farnham, fell-notts, Bolton-notts,Holmes-Derby's, yeomans-Derby's, shaw-Derby's. Davies-Glam, Tilling-Glos, Gibby, Harries-Pembrokeshire,Godley-Whitwell etc. coalminiing migration

Offline ronniem

• RootsChat Extra
  • BOXALL Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 07 September 05 21:47 BST (UK) »
My g.g.randmother was SARAH BOXALL b.1824 d.1900 at Wrecclesham,Farnham, Surrey m,3April 1847 to William Wilkinson. Her father was William Boxall.
Is there a link? Gerald

Hi Gerald sorry for the delay in replying to your query.

Sarah d/o William BOXALL and Ann CRAWTE
They had eight children.

William and Ann m. 30 May 1814 Farnham

William bpt10 Apr 1791 Frensham s/o Daniel BOXALL and Ann MARSHALL

I have this line going back to the early 1700's.  Let me know if you would like further details.

Kindest regards
Ronnie

BOXALL One Name Study
I'm also researching my own line.
CARPENTER (Petersfield, Hampshire)
PITTS;  RICHARDS;  TARGETT; LANE; FALLA;

Offline wilkipet

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 09 September 05 08:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Ronnie, You have made my day! It is my birthdaytoday and finding the Boxall's is wonderful present. Please send any more information you have . I have the Wilkinson's line back to 1688 with gaps, and includes the family in Canada. Sarah's grandson my g.uncle Jesse worked for CPR in Winnipeg. The current members live in Calgary area. Let me know if you want that line.
My wife writes to a friend in Toronto and we have just seen a DVD tourist film of the city.
Thanks a lot.
Gerald
Wilkinson-farnham, fell-notts, Bolton-notts,Holmes-Derby's, yeomans-Derby's, shaw-Derby's. Davies-Glam, Tilling-Glos, Gibby, Harries-Pembrokeshire,Godley-Whitwell etc. coalminiing migration

Offline 1000xlch

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 04 October 05 00:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Ronnie

I have some Boxall info approx 1880's and the son went to South Africa around Cape Town.  The Uk one was William Nathaniel Boxall.  Any connections?  PM and  I can see if I have any more info.

Thanks

John Rowley
DUNN - Cambuslang, LKS
FORSYTH - Shotts, LKS
FRAME - Hamilton, LKS
HODGSON - Hamsterley, DUR
HUMPHREY - Easingwold, NRY
HUNT - Frimley, Surrey
MCKECHNIE - Argyll - Shotts
NETHERCLIFF(T)/ DRAYCOTT Sandhurst, BKS
PEPPERCORN - Lolworth, Cambs
PRATT - Thirsk, NYK
REDSHAW - Hamsterley, DUR
REYNOLDS - Fritton,Stratton,NFK
ROWLEY - STS to DUR
TALLACK - St Agnes Padstow,CON
WALMSLEY - NRY,Brum
WILSON - Hamsterley, Co Durham
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ronniem

• RootsChat Extra
  • BOXALL Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 28 October 05 00:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Ronnie

I have some Boxall info approx 1880's and the son went to South Africa around Cape Town.  The Uk one was William Nathaniel Boxall.  Any connections?  PM and  I can see if I have any more info.
Hi John,
Not sure if I responded to your message yet.  Do you have more details on William Nathaniel BOXALL? I would love to have the details of the BOXALL family who had a son go to South Africa would you send me more details please. 

Thanks
Ronnie
BOXALL One Name Study

Offline 1000xlch

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 28 October 05 18:55 BST (UK) »
Hi rooniem

I think I emailed you offlist with some info recently, but can do it again as have a little bit more info.

Cheers

John Rowley
DUNN - Cambuslang, LKS
FORSYTH - Shotts, LKS
FRAME - Hamilton, LKS
HODGSON - Hamsterley, DUR
HUMPHREY - Easingwold, NRY
HUNT - Frimley, Surrey
MCKECHNIE - Argyll - Shotts
NETHERCLIFF(T)/ DRAYCOTT Sandhurst, BKS
PEPPERCORN - Lolworth, Cambs
PRATT - Thirsk, NYK
REDSHAW - Hamsterley, DUR
REYNOLDS - Fritton,Stratton,NFK
ROWLEY - STS to DUR
TALLACK - St Agnes Padstow,CON
WALMSLEY - NRY,Brum
WILSON - Hamsterley, Co Durham
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jennean

• RootsChat Senior
  • Searching my roots
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 04 February 06 06:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi there Ronnie,
I have Boxall's on my husbands side. Ihave Annie Edith Boxall born 1824 Guildford Surrey, arrived in Australia in 1848.  Her parents were Henry Boxall born 1790 Chichester, Sussex and Ann Westbrook born 1788 Guildford. They married 1808 Guildford.  Other children were Emma, George, Sophia, William, Henry, Matilda and Jesse.  I think most of these kids were born in Guildford, not entirely certain though.
1841 census this family was living in Castle St., Guildford. Henry 53, Carpenter, Ann 45, Ann 15, Matilda 12, Jesse 8.  Have put in request for 1851 census info.
If this family connects to yours, or you have any extra info, I'd love to hear from you.
Kind regards,
Jennean
Wiggins...Essex, Middlesex
Hawkes...Birmingham
Bentick/Bentock/Bentinck...
Hayne...Silversmith..London

Offline ronniem

• RootsChat Extra
  • BOXALL Researcher
    • View Profile
BOXALL / WESTBROOK
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 04 February 06 16:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jennean,

This line has been extensively worked on.  Although it does not connect to my own BOXALL line it is part of my BOXALL One name Study.

Henry was one 11 children of Jesse BOXALL and Patience PUTTICK of Kirdford, Sussex.  Henry was the only child born in Chichester.

Most of Henry's children were born in Stoke near Guildford, Surrey.  I have this family back to about 1720's in Kirdford.

Let me know what additional details I can send you.

Kindest regards
Ronnie
BOXALL One Name Study