Author Topic: 1851 Llangarren - COMPLETED  (Read 2815 times)

Offline DebbieDee

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Hepzibah Annie Burge 1887-1969
    • View Profile
1851 Llangarren - COMPLETED
« on: Sunday 29 May 05 18:03 BST (UK) »
I would be very grateful if someone could find William Assinder & any relatives in 1851.  Unfortunately the surname has appeared as Assender/Assinger etc and was mistranscribed in 1861 as Allinder.  ???

Llangarren, Herefordshire 1861 RG9 1815 47 14
William Assinder 49 Ross, Herefordshire, Head
Eliza Assinder 37 Abbydore, Herefordshire, Wife
William Assinder 11 Langarren, Herefordshire, Son         
Joseph Assinder 10 Langarren, Herefordshire, Son
James Assinder 8 Langarren, Herefordshire, Son
Edwin Assinder 6 St Weonards, Herefordshire, Son
Mary A Assinder 3 Langarren, Herefordshire, Daughter     
Sarah Assinder 1 Langarren, Herefordshire, Daughter

Thanks in advance

Debbie   :)

Offline bagpuss

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: 1851 Llangarren lookup please
« Reply #1 on: Monday 30 May 05 09:06 BST (UK) »
Hello Debbie,

Here you are -

"Pens", Llangarren

William Assinder    Head   Mar   39   Cordwainer     Ross, Herefordshire
Eliza Assinder       Wife    Mar   27                       Abbey Dore, Herefordshire
William Assinder    Son              1                       Llangarren, Herefordshire
Joseph Assinder    Son            1m                             ''                   ''

(HO107/ 1976/ 455a)

All the Best
Sue
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Wilson - Coleorton Leicesershire/ Swadlincote Derbyshire.
Bundy - Ross Herefordshire/ Birmingham
Dugdale - Isle of Man

Offline DebbieDee

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Hepzibah Annie Burge 1887-1969
    • View Profile
Re: 1851 Llangarren lookup please
« Reply #2 on: Monday 30 May 05 13:25 BST (UK) »
Thanks Sue

That's great!

Debbie   :)

Offline sneezey

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1851 Llangarren - COMPLETED
« Reply #3 on: Monday 06 February 06 22:55 GMT (UK) »
Ref Assinders of Llangarron and Temple Balsall

I have lots of info on this family (including photos and anecdotes)  if you are still interested. in them

Sneezey
Assinder; Hanks; Flux; Galliers; Atkins; Ledsome/Ledsum; Dixon;

Offline Assindersearch

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1851 Llangarren - COMPLETED
« Reply #4 on: Friday 29 June 18 11:38 BST (UK) »
Dear All, I am new to this, and so may mess up with trying to communicate, let alone the technicalities of knowing which records to access! apologies.

Looking for ancestors please to Charles William Assinder of the commonwealth war graves commission, died in Ypres in 1914
Registered birth Sept 1889 Solihull, to Charles and Mary Elizabeth Assinder of Rose Cottage, Warwick Road, Acocks Green, Birmingham

Charles senior married in 1886, and has connections to Temple Balsall and Chadwick End where he grew up with his Grandparents.

Also looking for ancestors to William Alfred Assinder. CWGC notes war death, and son of Thomas and MaryJ Assinder of 165 Holly Road, Handsworth, Birmingham.

I was born Assinder, grandparents from Birmingham, and my late Mother who was passionate about family history has an Assinder Family tree going back to the 1700s with many Williams, including one born in 1841.

Recently my son has a school trip to the French Battlefields, my ancestor from Birmingham was Albert Assinder 1887-1945, served in both wars and survived. Married Helen Annie Reeves 1891, and has left many descendants, Albert’s Direct line back to 1700s all seem to be from the Birmingham area.

Oldest ancestor is at present William Assinder of Balsall, burried May 1779 Baddesley Clinton, married SARAH Chiswell 22/7/1755.
My tree includes William Assinder born 10/09/ 1841, of Bickenhill, with siblings Anne, Francis, Elizabeth, Joseph, and Maria, all of Bickenhill.

Any help please with information on the two Assinders from Birmingham who have war graves from WW1 with CWGC and whether they connect to my tree would be wonderful. Also with help on how to research the Birmingham area please would be fantastic.
Thanks. A.