Author Topic: fleming - ross  (Read 4618 times)

Offline kingskerswell

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: fleming - ross
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 06 November 12 11:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
    The land which was the Fleming farm in Drumavalley is now a housing estate. I remember it as a small country shop with a few houses in the 1950s but the nomber of houses has increased significantly in recent years.
    The farm, owned by the Ross's in Ballymulholland 1858 was still there in the 1950s and owned by a Morrison family. There is possibly a Morrison/Ross connection as the name Ross has been used as a first name several times in the Morrison families living in this area. I do not know if it is still a farm as several houses have been built in what was the farmyard and near-by field.

Regards
Stewart, Irwin, Morrison, Haslett, Murrell - Dungiven area Co. Londonderry
Browne, Barrett -Co.Armagh
Neil, Smyth _Co. Antrim

Offline wgreene

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 06 November 12 15:00 GMT (UK) »
James was no doubt a relayive possibly johns brother. Wish i could find out more about john fleming and the wm rosses.I did hear from my father that the ross side of the family were fairly well to do . The big question is why would james greene and lizzie fleming greene take the entire family back for 3 to 4 years then return to canada with two new baby,s . The cost of the round trip had to be substantial .Not to mention the difficulties of travelling with two babys.Thanks again for the help . BILL GREENE

Offline Bates51

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 09 August 17 04:14 BST (UK) »
They also had a daughter Mary, born in 1834 (going by the death certificate) who married Robert John Nesbitt in the Fermoyle church, and immigrated to New Zealand, Jayne