Author Topic: The Russell's of Drumgor  (Read 2766 times)

Offline AndersonT

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
The Russell's of Drumgor
« on: Monday 12 November 12 11:40 GMT (UK) »
I have been researching the Russell family of Drumgor, (I am a grandson of Thomas Henry Russell). I have data going back to the early 19th century and would be delighted to share this with anyone that is interested.

I am also trying to track back beyond 1820 and am trying to build a wider picture of the families of Drumgor and of the wider family of George William Russell and his father Thomas Elias Russell

Offline wes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: The Russell's of Drumgor
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 16 January 13 19:33 GMT (UK) »
Hello Mr T (?Thomas)
May we exchange information. My ggrand Aunt Rebecca Dilworth (b.1848) m. Robt Russell (b.1846) in Mar 1871, at Seagoe, Armagh.
One of their children ,William George Russell m. Martha J Anderson, Drumgor in 1895
Might you please help me to link some of these names
Thanking you
Kind Regards,
Wesley Brown

Offline AndersonT

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 16 January 13 20:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi Wes,

Many thanks for the message.

I have quite a bit of data on the Russell's and also on the Dilworth's. I will try and send something to you at the weekend if that is OK.

It is interesting that you mention a Martha Jane Anderson; my mother was Martha Jane Russell but married Robert Anderson. I have little information on my father's side of the family although it would appear that his mother, (a Lyness), was from the same township as the Russells. My father's family lived in Glasgow, and after their marriage my mother moved to live in Glasgow.

When I was due to be born my mother went back to Portadown for my birth so that I would be born in Northern Ireland, (Carlton Home, Portadown, 27th January 1953).

I am happy to correspond by email if that fits for you and can send some photographs.

I need to check it out but I believe that one of my mothers cousins the moved to New Zealand was a Dilworth; I will check this out with everything else but I do have quite a bit of information on Rebecca and her family since she and my mother kept in contact up till Rebecca passed away.

Best regards,

Tom Anderson

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 16 January 13 21:06 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat, Wes. Once you've made 3 posts you will be able to use the PM (Personal Message) system to exchange email addresses and other personal information which you aren't allowed to post online.

http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline wes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 16 January 13 21:50 GMT (UK) »
Hello Tom,
A very prompt reply indeed.
Yep... your information tallies with mine.
Your mother was born 15 Nov 1911Her grandmother being Rebecca Dilworth b.1848
William Dilworth b.1823 is your gggrandfather and mine too.....so we are 3rd cousins.
Looking forward to chatting over the w/end,Tom...
Bye for now,
Wes

Offline Leanne N Allan

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 15 January 16 03:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi , my Great Grandfather is John Russell born 1844 in Drumgor his parents are James and Sarah. I am having trouble finding out anything further about them , have you by any chance come across this branch of Russell's in your research? Any help would be appreciated. Kind Regards Leanne