Author Topic: henry bruckshaw  (Read 13765 times)

Offline greeneyesgudge

• RootsChat Senior
  • cushty
    • View Profile
Re: henry bruckshaw
« Reply #45 on: Thursday 29 November 12 18:04 GMT (UK) »
I hope John lees isn't related to rebeca lees because if he is and his henrys dad that would mean that Henry and Hannah getting married would be incest  ???
goodchild,gray,pitcher,popejoy,page,paul,edmonds,norris quatreman,gutteridge..wycombe birmingham .lazarus john francis india ,garrood,flick essex burnham ,Gudge surry n dorset ,alderton walton on thames an hampshire  kezia stapley frensham surry  ,holcroft bishopsgate manchester,matilda moxham jefferys bermondsey charles coates suffolk n cobham surry,mary white ripley surrey .turner suffolk .Fox n bruckshaw manchester ireland .clegg lancashire and moore ireland ,joseph clegg manchester

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Thursday 29 November 12 18:09 GMT (UK) »
 ;D ;D Now go back through your thread and find Jane Brookshaw b 1838 in 1841/51 and start making a mini tree of the family on paper, it will stop both you and all that have enjoyed the journey with these 2 families a lot of stress in working out just who is who!
Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline greeneyesgudge

• RootsChat Senior
  • cushty
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Thursday 29 November 12 18:20 GMT (UK) »
Ok I will do ,I have been adding names as I go to my tree on genes R but its not the same as putting it on paper and your right it does get very confusing with all the names and so many with the same names .i found Jane like U said in the census s she's Henry jnr older sister right ?
goodchild,gray,pitcher,popejoy,page,paul,edmonds,norris quatreman,gutteridge..wycombe birmingham .lazarus john francis india ,garrood,flick essex burnham ,Gudge surry n dorset ,alderton walton on thames an hampshire  kezia stapley frensham surry  ,holcroft bishopsgate manchester,matilda moxham jefferys bermondsey charles coates suffolk n cobham surry,mary white ripley surrey .turner suffolk .Fox n bruckshaw manchester ireland .clegg lancashire and moore ireland ,joseph clegg manchester

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Thursday 29 November 12 19:03 GMT (UK) »
Ok I will do ,I have been adding names as I go to my tree on genes R but its not the same as putting it on paper and your right it does get very confusing with all the names and so many with the same names .i found Jane like U said in the census s she's Henry jnr older sister right ?

:) Correct, Jane is his sister, when you get stuck, need help, wait, and then look again, I in my early days with the Kingsbury family was in the same predicament as yourself, confused with illegitimate births etc!
Keyboard86

Offline greeneyesgudge

• RootsChat Senior
  • cushty
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Thursday 29 November 12 20:01 GMT (UK) »

:) Correct, Jane is his sister, when you get stuck, need help, wait, and then look again, I in my early days with the Kingsbury family was in the same predicament as yourself, confused with illegitimate births etc!
Keyboard86
.  Hi keyboard thankyou for all your help and advice ,was wondering what's the furthest you've managed to trace you're family back to :-D

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Thursday 29 November 12 20:04 GMT (UK) »
 :) It's not the distance it's how you get there!

Keyboard86

Offline greeneyesgudge

• RootsChat Senior
  • cushty
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Thursday 29 November 12 20:33 GMT (UK) »
Yeah I just wondered because ive seen some people on here get as far as the 1600 hundreds ,i wonder how they do it must be amazing to get 300 years worth of family history .my partner is always saying why am i wasting my time unraveling the past but i find it quite exciting finding new people and were they were living and what they were doing and if it wasn't for them i wouldn't be here now  :)

Offline greeneyesgudge

• RootsChat Senior
  • cushty
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Friday 30 November 12 19:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi again in 1841 they are once again shown as Brookshaw:-

Henry 30 occ Collier Not born in County
Hannah 30
Harriett 10
John 6
Nathan 4
Jane 2
Milly 2 months
Residing at Colliers Row, Mottram in Longden Dale, Newton
Census Ref HO107/101/ 8/18 / 30
Keyboard86
hi just doing family tree like you mentioned ...these are all henry jnr siblings older siblings

Offline greeneyesgudge

• RootsChat Senior
  • cushty
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Friday 30 November 12 19:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi again, looks very much like Rebecca is Hannah's mother:-

Marriage William Turner to Eliza Higginbottom Dec qtr 1850 Ashton v20 page 47

1861 Census

William Turner 32 occ ? Mule Cotton Spinner
Eliza 34
Peter 9
Mary Ann 6
Jane 4
Thomas 2
William 3 months
Rebecca Higginbotham 72 Widow/Mother in Law occ House Keeper b Denton
All other than Rebecca, born Newton Moor, Cheshire.
Residing at Castle Street, Newton
Census Ref RG09/2991/12/18

Marriage Jonathan Ridgway to Rebecca Higginbotham June 1843 Stockport v19 page 225

Marriage 11th April 1843 St Mary, Stockport

Jonathan Ridgway Full age Father Cornelius Ridgway
Rebecca Higginbotham Father John Higginbotham

1851 Census

Rebecca Hegginbotham 61 Widow occ Housekeeper b Denton
Jonathan RINAWAY 33 occ Coal Miner b Compstill, Cheshire
Rebecca 28 occ Cotton Weaver b Denton     
Alice 5 b Flowery Field
Samuel 2 b Newton Heath
Eliza 11 months b Flowery Field
William Turner 24 occ Cotton Spinner b Newton
Eliza 23 occ Cotton Weaver b Flowery Field
Residing at Granby Row, Newton, Flowery Field
Census Ref HO107/2235/258/33
Keyboard86

hi keyboard going through everything working out whose who ,the rebbeca higgen......is hannahs mum now a widow and living in 51 with both daughters eliza and  rebbecca and there husbands etc and i take it they are hannas younger sisters ? correct ?and then in 61 census the mother rebbeca is living with daughter eliza s family