Author Topic: John Alexander & Mary Carnegie, Crofter & Weaver, Fettercairn around the 1800s  (Read 10786 times)

Offline nw_whiskers

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Alexander & Mary Carnegie, Crofter & Weaver, Fettercairn around the 1800s
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 04 March 17 14:10 GMT (UK) »
Taylor, Ogilvie has a burial record in Angus on 29 July 1881.  nw_whiskers
Stevenson, Marnoch, Scotland

Offline mgeneas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: John Alexander & Mary Carnegie, Crofter & Weaver, Fettercairn around the 1800s
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 04 March 17 18:04 GMT (UK) »
Thanks nw_whiskers. I don't feel like spending money on a burial record when I already have the death record though.
There are a lot of gaps in children for Robert TAYLOR and Jean/Jane LAING

They marry in 1801 at Stracathro (5 days before Robert was born)
Robert 1801
William 1803
Margaret 1805
Christian 1807
Elizabeth 1809
Colin 1815

Then possibles
Ogilvy 1816
Ann 1824

Offline nw_whiskers

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Angus Council "outsourced" their burial records to deceasedonline.com some years ago.  The latter are offering a scan for Ogilvie Taylor 29 July 1881 for a small fee which would give you the "cemetery name", the lair number and other names buried in the same plot if you are very lucky.  It all depends on what is of value to you!

The OPR entry for Robert Taylor 02-Nov-1801 could be better value as it "could have" the names of witnesses and where they stayed if the Church Officer was in top form.  If it was a top notch document it would give the Names of the Grandparents but that is probably over the top.  If the Church was "cross" with them that may be in evidence in the text. Again it is a matter of what is of value to you!

Ann Turnbull Alexander nee. Taylor claimed "born Dunnichen"  for each Census she was in but it is still Angus and we have yet to find a birth record for her so they "could" be lost or not recorded.

If, I am on Market Street, Montrose some time soon I will have a look for Number 11 to see if it is still in existence.

nw_whiskers.

Stevenson, Marnoch, Scotland

Offline mgeneas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Ah - I was thinking of Scotlands People again. I forget about deceased online as usually I find they have not 'done' my areas.