Author Topic: Uppingham marriage  (Read 2532 times)

Offline Martha 14

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Uppingham marriage
« on: Tuesday 15 January 13 20:46 GMT (UK) »
Could anyone look up the details in the St Peter adn St Paul parish marriage record  of the father of Amos Crane and the father of Sophia Bradshaw.  Amos and Sophia married in Uppingham between July and September 1841.

thanks

Offline Newfloridian

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • MENE INTUS ET IN CUTE NOVISTI
    • View Profile
Re: Uppingham marriage
« Reply #1 on: Monday 21 January 13 13:15 GMT (UK) »
Amos Crane married Sophia Bradshaw (spinster b. Harringworth 1826) at St James the Great, Gretton on September 20th 1841.

I'll trace Sophia Bradshaw from here.
In the 1841 census, she was living on George Street (now Corby Road) Cottingham, with her mother, Rebecca Bradshaw.

In the 1851 census, two of Amos and Sophia Crane's sons (Richard, 8 and Henry, 5) were living with Richard and Rebecca Butler in Hill Road (now Rockingham Road), Cottingham. Amos and Sarah, with two other childrem, were living on George Street.

Rebecca Bradshaw (spinster b. Harringworth abt 1801) married Richard Butler at St James the Great, Gretton on August 23rd 1841.

Both marriages listed Uppingham 15 873 (Sept 1841)

Amos' father, Thomas Crane, married Elizabeth Gibbins (Gibbons) in Medbourne, Leicestershire in 1808
Leicester / Northampton: Craxford,  Claypole, Pridmore, Pollard, Tansley, Crane, Tilley
Derby: Naylor, Ball, Haywood
Buckinghamshire: Cook
London: Craxford, Lane Crauford
Tyneside: Nessworthy, Simpson