Author Topic: MAry TODD/John Eckersley BINNS and James Edward WOLSTENHOLME  (Read 3448 times)

Offline lancsann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: MAry TODD/John Eckersley BINNS and James Edward WOLSTENHOLME
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 20 January 13 14:16 GMT (UK) »
perhaps to help confirm from lancashirebmd.org.uk

Lancashire Marriage indexes for the year 1920
BINNS, John Eckersley MARLAND, Elizabeth Hannah: Rochdale, St Clements   Ref: CE16/5/391
Lancashire Marriage indexes for the years 1932
BINNS, Elizabeth Hannah DAVIES, Handel: Hyndburn Register Office or Registrar Attended   Ref: RM/153/157
Lancashire Marriage indexes for the year 1946
WALLER, Joseph   BINNS or DAVIES, Elizabeth Hannah Hyndburn Register Office or Registrar Attended Ref: RM/171/67

was the child in 1934 registered with the mmn as Jodd rather than Todd?

But:

John Eckersley was still alive in 1834

the child in 1934 was registered in the name Binns and the marriage to Handel Davies was 1932 so your Elizabeth would have been Davies in 1934

in 1932 the marriage does not say Elizabeth Binns or Marland which I would have expected

which suggests they are 2 different Elizabeths

?????
Births Dec 1909   Binns, Elizabeth Hannah: Bolton 8c 474
Births Jun 1894 Marland, Elizabeth Hannah: Rochdale 8e 60

there are also other Elizabeth Hannah Binns registered before 1909 in the Rochdale area as well

EDIT sorry ignore the bit about the child being Binns not Davies in 1934 - as of course you think the child was Mary's not Elizabeth's

Offline lancsann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 20 January 13 14:40 GMT (UK) »
there are 2 Biins children born 1928 & 1929 wih mmn Marland so presumably Elizabeth was at least still with John then

Offline fionajka

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 20 January 13 22:04 GMT (UK) »
Yep, I think there are two Elizabeth Hannah's. One nee MARLAND and one nee BINNS

MARLAND married John Eckerlsey BINNS in 1920 so that marriage reference is correct. The other marriage references are also correct but in regards to another Elizabeth Hannah BINNS.

Bernard BINNS was born to John Eckersley BINNS and Mary TODD in 1934 as I have his birth certificate. SO the child born on 1937 with surname TODD I don't feel belongs to this couple.

Did Elizabeth Hannah BINNS nee MARLAND die prior to 1934? not that I can see yet, did she and John divorce...don't know that either. John did die in 1941and hopefully a death certificate will clarify the informant - it may well be Mary TODD at that stage.

As for out Mary TODD....I'm still struggling to verify which one she is on the 1911 census so without a marriage cert to be certain I think she will remain elusive

Offline fionajka

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 20 January 13 22:05 GMT (UK) »
Lanscann can you please clarify the two BINNS children that you found mmn MARLAND?

Offline lancsann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 20 January 13 23:55 GMT (UK) »
from freebmd

Births Dec 1928   (*)    
Births Dec 1929   (*)

please can you confirm that the birth certificate for Bernard states John's full name and Mary Binns FORMERLY Todd (not Jodd as in the birth reg index)

(*) Moderator Comment:
Edited in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of living people here, or details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc, etc.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline fionajka

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 21 January 13 04:15 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for those and yes I can confirm that Bernard's birth certificate states John Eckersley BINNS full name as father but Mary TODD (not Binnns) as mother both living at 4 Ogden Street, Rochdale in 1934

Offline lancsann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 21 January 13 10:20 GMT (UK) »
I think that confirms that John & Mary were not married otherwise she would have been Mary Binns

Offline Binn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 12 June 17 13:31 BST (UK) »
Hi

Mary Todd /John Eckersley Binns were not married they had two sons Bernard 1934 \& John (My Farther )1937. but took his surname she did marry James Edward Wolstenholme

Mary died some time ago, Bernard  emigrated to Australia had four children but he sadly died in his thirtys I think

John Binns passed away in March this year   2017 he also had four children and was married to my Mother Veronica .mary did not attend there wedding Not sure why!

Mary had a sister Harriet we only met once or twice she passed away about 8 yrs ago

Im in the process of trying to piece the puzzle together  but information is a tad vague

Mike Edward Binns   

Offline fionajka

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 12 June 17 23:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Mike,
Welcome to Rootschat :)

You are my brothers and sisters cousin. I will need to send a personal message on here to explain how it all fits together

Fiona