Author Topic: "Thomas Philpin" and "Elizabeth Thomas" Rudbaxton  (Read 3926 times)

Offline nmcasey

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
"Thomas Philpin" and "Elizabeth Thomas" Rudbaxton
« on: Tuesday 19 February 13 04:01 GMT (UK) »
I am after any information on Thomas Philpin who married Elizabeth Thomas on the 29-oct-1815 at
Rudbaxton. Elizabeth may have been the sister of Stephen Thomas of Dunston who died in 1855

They may have child  "Martha Philpin"

I have previously got the information on Stephen.

Regards
Nc

Offline OrganicJohn

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: "Thomas Philpin" and "Elizabeth Thomas" Rudbaxton
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 19 February 13 20:23 GMT (UK) »
Its been a splendid sunny day here in Pembrokeshire after a Winter when there has hardly been a dry day.Have found a Thomas Philpin b.1790 Rudbaxton,parents John and Elizabeth.Also Elizabeth Thomas b.1792,Rudbaxton. parents John and Sarah.Stephen Thomas b.1785 Rudbaxton,parents John and Sarah.In 1851 Stephen Thomas,wife Catherine,son Stephen (b.1831 Lambston),and daughter Catherine (b.1836,Lambston) were at Lambston East,nr. Camrose.He was a farmer.In 1861 widow Catherine,age 66 (farmer) and grand daughter Catherine age 7 were at Dunston West (near Lambston).In 1851 Elizabeth Philpin(b. 1792 Rudbaxton),shoe maker`s widow,was at Cross Street ,Steynton,Milford Haven with married daughter Lydia Williams,b.1820,Steynton (dressmaker),Moses Williams,grandson age 4 born Steynton.Also John James,son in law(carpenter)b. Steynton.and wife Martha James(b.1823 Steynton) daughter of Elizabeth Philpin.In 1861 Stephen Thomas (b.1831 Lambston)wife Catherine age 27(b.Uzmaston nr.Haverfordwest)and daughter Mary,age4mths (b. Camrose)were also at Dunston West, listed next to but separate from mother Catherine also desribed as farmer mentioned previously.
Morgan in London.Brimmell in Gloucester.Truman in London and Norfolk.Spratt in London,Stroud,and U.S.A.Berriman in London,Cornwall,and Australia.Steer in London.Blackburn in Essex.

Offline nmcasey

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 20 February 13 03:14 GMT (UK) »
OrganicJohn
                        Thank you for the information I have to get my head around all this information
What got me confused Stephen Thomas and Catherine Williams  also had a daughter called Martha
and she was also married to a James.

Regards
Nc

Offline nmcasey

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 21 February 13 04:29 GMT (UK) »
OrganicJohn

How did you find out the parents of Elizabeth and Stephen where John and Sarah?

I new because I looked at Johns will do you know Sarah maiden name.

Regards
Nc

Offline OrganicJohn

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 21 February 13 10:00 GMT (UK) »
HI Nc
FindmyPast have a lot of Pembrokeshire Parish Records.I found Elizabeth Thomas bapt.20th Nov1791,Rudbaxton,parents John and Sarah.JohnThomas and Sarah Llewellin marriage banns 12th Nov 1780,Rudbaxton.Sarah Llewelyn bapt.27th Jan1763 Llawhaden(not far away),father Richard is possibly her.John Thomas bapt.Rudbaxton,6th May 1753,parents George and Mary could be him.Thomas Philpin bapt.7th Nov 1790 Rudbaxton,parents John and Elizabeth looks likely.John Philpin and Elizabeth Sutton marriage banns 16th Oct 1785 Rudbaxton also.
John
Morgan in London.Brimmell in Gloucester.Truman in London and Norfolk.Spratt in London,Stroud,and U.S.A.Berriman in London,Cornwall,and Australia.Steer in London.Blackburn in Essex.

Offline nmcasey

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 22 February 13 05:31 GMT (UK) »
OrganicJohn

Thank you again

Regards
Nc

Offline Glesni

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 29 April 13 17:54 BST (UK) »
I believe that the father of Sarah Llewelyn is Roger. He married Hannah.Sarah was born 1752 and married John Thomas in 1780. They had a son Stephen who married Catherine Williams. Their daughter Sarah Jane married Williams James Canton and their daughter Winifred Kate married James Philpin. They are my grandparents.But if we go back to Roger and Hannah Llewelyn, they had another daughter called Dorothy born 1749 and she married William Philpin and they are the gx2 father of James Philpin.
I would agree that John Thomas was the father of Elizabeth Thomas married to Thomas Philpin. I too have a copy of his will.

Offline Glesni

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 01 May 13 12:06 BST (UK) »
The parents of John Thomas are James Thomas and Elizabeth Pugh. She lived from 1720- 1788. They were married on 23rd Feb 1748.  They had 3  children to my knowledge, Elizabeth who married Thomas Philpin, William 1735- 1758 and John married to Sarah. I'm new to using Roots so hope my ability will improve. have lots of information on Philpins. Have you come across the Woolcocks? John the son of Stephen married Lettice Woolcock, I have them in my Canton family.There are lots of crossing of the lines. Sarah Thomas d. of Stephen married William Thomas and their son married Elizabeth Philpin  Then their son married an Elizabeth Philpin , they were Ist cousins.

Offline nmcasey

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 02 May 13 23:31 BST (UK) »
Glesni
           I did not know that John son of Stephen Thomas married a Woolcocks
William Thomas son of Stephen Thomas and brother of John married Elizabeth Burrow Jones they
are my 3rd Great Grand Parents.

Regards
Nc