Author Topic: STANLEY FLEMING BRAZELL - Help Needed badley please  (Read 10820 times)

Offline yattonharry

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Best, YattonHarry
    • View Profile
Re: STANLEY FLEMING BRAZELL - Help Needed badley please
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 28 December 14 15:24 GMT (UK) »
My mother's cousin who was rather old at the time, said my gt grandfather had brothers, and that Rees was one and had a daughter called Maggie. [??]   I know there was an Eunice in family too and came across this Margaret Eunice on Free BMD and arrived at that conclusion.
WALES: Bevan, David, Thomas in area of Ystradyfodwg [Rhondda] Llangeinor and Bettws [Glam] Glamorgan Farms of interest: Graigddu, Gwaunadda, Llwynypia, Maesllan, Penygraig and Cwmsaerbren | RAYMOND, St Davids Pembrokeshire; OWEN St Davids Pembrokeshire; JONES Upper Neath Valley;
ENGLAND: Somerset, Yatton, Kenn, Portishead, Weston-i-Gardano, Clevedon & Bristol. Names: Nethway, Perris, Knight, Gosling, Payne.

Offline yattonharry

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Best, YattonHarry
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 28 December 14 15:25 GMT (UK) »
Good thought - I'll think about getting the cert.
WALES: Bevan, David, Thomas in area of Ystradyfodwg [Rhondda] Llangeinor and Bettws [Glam] Glamorgan Farms of interest: Graigddu, Gwaunadda, Llwynypia, Maesllan, Penygraig and Cwmsaerbren | RAYMOND, St Davids Pembrokeshire; OWEN St Davids Pembrokeshire; JONES Upper Neath Valley;
ENGLAND: Somerset, Yatton, Kenn, Portishead, Weston-i-Gardano, Clevedon & Bristol. Names: Nethway, Perris, Knight, Gosling, Payne.

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 28 December 14 15:29 GMT (UK) »
Have you had a look for your Jones family living in Llaniwg Pontardawe with Ystalyfera as a place of birth the 1911 census?
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline yattonharry

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Best, YattonHarry
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 28 December 14 16:16 GMT (UK) »
Yes I have that, but see attachment please.  Many thanks for your kind help.

Offline yattonharry

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Best, YattonHarry
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 28 December 14 16:18 GMT (UK) »
The tree is rather flaky in parts which I don't usually go for, but it is as correct as I can get this. NB I have been unable to obtain many birth certs for these children but luckily one for my gt grandfather William.

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 28 December 14 18:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jill

Can you please remove your attachment and transcribe the entry for us. The Copyright Team will remove it if you don't.

You must transcribe images, not copy & paste.

I think you are missing a generation, working forwards rather than working back from what you know.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline Mabel Bagshawe

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 28 December 14 19:13 GMT (UK) »
This may be of interest as it links a Rees Jones with the Canal Terrace address.
http://welshnewspapers.llgc.org.uk/en/page/view/3348838/ART28/25%20canal%20terrace

I have also found a mention to Margaret Eunice Jones of Wern Ystalafera on the welsh Newspapers online site (getting a scholarship to secondary school) and think I have her and her mother on 1911. following the latter back husband is also away from home in 1901.

Offline yattonharry

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Best, YattonHarry
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 29 December 14 08:31 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Mabel, that's really great. You have found my 'lost' Daniel which I was told about. My elderly cousin told me, my gt grandfather had brothers Daniel or Rees.  I am trusting that this is them.  I have never seen Daniel within the family group on any census though.  Hope I have the correct family.

I have also found a mention to Margaret Eunice Jones of Wern Ystalafera on the welsh Newspapers online site (getting a scholarship to secondary school) and think I have her and her mother on 1911. following the latter back husband is also away from home in 1901.

Can you tell me where please?

Many thanks for this help,

Offline Mabel Bagshawe

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 29 December 14 09:27 GMT (UK) »
Not sure if yuo are asking where for the newspaper article or the census

Newspaper

http://welshnewspapers.llgc.org.uk/en/page/view/3977660/ART103/margaret%20eunice%20jones  (item in second column entitled County School Scholarships)

and passing exams in 1919

http://welshnewspapers.llgc.org.uk/en/page/view/3980011/ART37/margaret%20eunice%20jones

I can't post 1911 details here, but as someone else has said, look for your Jones family living in Llangiwg Pontardawe with Ystalyfera as a place of birth