Author Topic: Market Overton baptism  (Read 4119 times)

Offline DCB

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Market Overton baptism
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 17 April 13 10:23 BST (UK) »
Most of the family then moved to Bourne, Lincolnshire and I seem to remember the name of Osborne on some of the graves there.

The parents of Jarvis in 1716 were Thomas Osborne and Elizabeth Newton. Thomas was from Grantham and Elizabeth from Stamford, so not far from Market Overton.

If you are ever able to make a link to this family, I can have a look round the churchyard in Bourne.

David

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Zeya who has a plastic bag fetish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 17 April 13 10:47 BST (UK) »
Thank you David

.........and if you are in the area of the grave yard I would very much appreciate the information,  I do know that there is some connection to Bourne with later connected family moving to that area, so your information makes logical sense, just have to find the record evidence and make the proved connection ( if it is there).

I do have a FH contact ( 3rd cousin once removed) in Bourne of 15 years who I have corresponded with and  visited several times, however she is now in her late 80s and very recently lost her husband so I wouldn't/couldn't ask her.
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Northamps:Sykes, Harris, Rice,Knowles.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Durham/Yorks:Woodend, Watson,Parker, Dowser
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston
Lincolnshire:Clements, Woodend

Offline DCB

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 18 April 13 10:23 BST (UK) »
I have taken the photographs. There is a group of four - 2 box tombs, so a fairly well off family, and 2 ordinary stones. There may have been others because there are empty spaces nearby.

Some dates are difficult to read but 1820s-1840s.

I have attached a reduced picture of the churchyard, showing the location. If you would like the individual pictures, please send a personal message with your email address. The red spot marks one of the graves.

David

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 18 April 13 11:30 BST (UK) »
Thank you David that is very good of you
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 19 April 13 12:53 BST (UK) »
A big thank you David, all the photo's have now arrived ;D