Author Topic: First boat >>>COMPLETE<<<  (Read 3275 times)

Offline Jane Eden

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
First boat >>>COMPLETE<<<
« on: Wednesday 08 June 05 21:59 BST (UK) »
Comments please

Jane
Notts: Burrows, Comery, Foster, Beeson.
Derbys: Burrows, Comery, Smith  Lincs: King. 

Information contained within Census Lookups is Crown Copyright:  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline deadants

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: First boat
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 08 June 05 23:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Jane,
   It looks like your well under way with the colorizing technique. This photo looks like a watercolour painting. It has a very soft look. If this is the effect you were after than you have done a good job. The trees in the background are a bit over saturated giving them that slight fluor effect.

If you add a Levels adjustment layer you can make the photo a bit brighter. The beauty of adjustment layers is you can go back and readjust them as many times as you like or even delete it. If you just use the image adjust levels, you are locked in to the change permanently then if you want to make a change you have to restart.
Cleary, Doran, Boland, McCooey, McManus, O'brien, Martin, Savage, Wallis, McCollister, Wood.  (More to come soon)

Offline Jane Eden

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 09 June 05 07:12 BST (UK) »
I will go back to using adjustment layers instead of fill layers. I wasn't sure how to use levels as the graph comes up and I didn't know what to do. I will look at those links you sent me and treat myself to a book. Until I had used the program a bit I don't think I would have understood a book but at least now I have an insight to some of the techniques.

Thanks for all your advice it is really encouraging.

Jane

Information contained within Census Lookups is Crown Copyright:  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jane Eden

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 09 June 05 23:28 BST (UK) »
A slight improvement I think

Jane