Author Topic: david little born 1890 scotland  (Read 3619 times)

Offline adrian denney

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
david little born 1890 scotland
« on: Thursday 09 June 05 04:38 BST (UK) »
hi i am trying to find a david little born  1890 canonbie dumfrieshire scotland  to a mary little.( later beck) any way david shows on the 1891 census for canonbie  but thats it.  in the late 1920's we have family photos of him visiting kendal westmorland (now cumbria)  and also my elderly aunt can remember  "uncle david" takeing her to scotland for a visit ,   we think he had a wife poss named chrissy or christine. and are sure that by 1925 he was living in canada.   there is a possability that he may have used the surname  armstrong    or armstrong-little.   adrian.
LANCASHIRE :Kirkby Ireleth, Denney,Denny,Savage,Walker,Cooke,Singleton.       & Hornby/Gressingham/Heysham,  Nicholson,Mason,Clifton,Dodd.<br />WESTMORLAND: Beck,Nicholson,Airey,Armer,Herd,Langhorn,Chapman,Tyson.<br />YORKSHIRE :  Stephenson,Nicholson.<br />SCOTLAND. Canonbie,   Little,Hogg<br />IRELAND  Gallagher,Gilbert

Offline ~meg

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: david little born 1890 scotland
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 14 June 05 18:02 BST (UK) »
How sure are you that David was living in Canada by 1925?  It’s just that in the Immigration Database (Canadian Genealogy Centre), there is a David Little, age 40, Scotland, arriving in 1929.  Coincidence?
If it's too wild of a coincidence, have a look through the site: there is plenty of information on immigration, link suggestions, and searchable databases.

~meg

"Assiduus usus uni rei deditus et ingenium et artem saepe vincit"

Offline adrian denney

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 17 June 05 03:56 BST (UK) »
hi meg.  thanks for the info.   I can see What you mean about the 1929  david little aged 40 born scotland .

May be some one can tell me how i can find out any of the following .

1) working on this is my david   is this him emigrating to canada  ????how can i prove this ?/ would he have needed a sponser ????

2) Could this Just be his return trip from a visit home(england /scotland)  and he emigrated at an earlier date ???????? WOULD THERE BE RECORDS OF THE TRIP THE OTHER DIRECTION ???????

3) Who did he travell with  ( any other littles a wife  children ????)

4) Is THere a searchable  database of marriages and births for canada  from 1910 onwards ????

A LOT TO ASK I KNOW   .  But ever hopefull   .   adrian

LANCASHIRE :Kirkby Ireleth, Denney,Denny,Savage,Walker,Cooke,Singleton.       & Hornby/Gressingham/Heysham,  Nicholson,Mason,Clifton,Dodd.<br />WESTMORLAND: Beck,Nicholson,Airey,Armer,Herd,Langhorn,Chapman,Tyson.<br />YORKSHIRE :  Stephenson,Nicholson.<br />SCOTLAND. Canonbie,   Little,Hogg<br />IRELAND  Gallagher,Gilbert

Offline adrian denney

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 04 July 07 03:33 BST (UK) »
5) Could i be able to find a death record  for  david little   on a searchable  data base   also .